ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest-growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the role
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior IT Engineer. This position is based in our London office, where you will be ThousandEye’s first IT hire. Supporting the day-to-day IT needs of the business while delivering amazing service to our employees with exceptional customer service. In this role, you will be one of our IT technical champions by owning IT process documentation, improving support automation to increase overall IT operational efficiency, and enhance the ThousandEyes IT Experience for our employees. This role will handle all levels support incidents (tier 1-3) as you will be the primary liaison with other technical teams in Engineering allowing you to grow your technical skills further. You will be contributing and help lead highly visible IT projects to assist our growth to meet the demands of our business.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of technical experience working in IT operations or system administration role
- Superb customer service aptitude with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to handle all levels of tickets, onboarding new employees
- Experience administering Linux, Unix, MS Server, Xen, and ESXi Scripting (Bash, Python, or others)
- Experience with LDAP services, like Microsoft Active Directory
- MDM and asset management knowledge with an emphasis on “Zero Touch” deployment practices
- Lead and lend expertise to IT projects as required
Bonus points if you have experience with
- Cisco Meraki, Internal Network support
- Git, Github, Gitlab
- SnipeIT Asset Management
- Microsoft Autopilot
- Microsoft Azure
- Zoom, Slack, Jira, Asana Collaboration tools
- Puppet (specifically puppet 5 & 6)
- ISO 27001, SOC 2 compliance frameworks