ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Director of Business Systems
As the Director of Finance Systems you will leverage your deep financial and technical experience to implement initiatives across organizational boundaries to support our future business growth. This person will also be responsible for rapidly evolving the systems and processes supporting our FP&A, Accounting, Legal, HR and Sales Ops functions. You’ll work closely with business partners to understand business requirements, establish priorities, and then align development resources to ensure predictable, high quality deliveries. The Director of Business Systems will evaluate our current business & financial systems, determine best practice improvements and project manage those improvements with the stakeholder groups to drive towards a best in class business system infrastructure. The Director will also drive the evaluation of potential new applications and solutions against business requirements, ensuring they are aligned to broader architectural and security standards and that they meet tactical and strategic objectives.
The first initiative for this person will be to review the quote-to-cash-to-revenue processes and then work with Sales Operations, FP&A, Legal and Accounting to ensure that revenue is being accounted for in accordance with ASC 606 while taking the opportunity to standardize and automate the quote-to-invoice process in SFDC and Zuora. Other initial projects include automating our HRIS and procurement system flow.
- Own ThousandEyes business application infrastructure - the tools we use to operate as a business; the architecture, layout, and usage of those tools
- Project manage system & process improvements with all stakeholder groups related to business systems and related work flows
- Work with the Data Analytics team to structure and drive the cleanliness and integrity of our data warehouse so that all dependant business systems & teams are set up for success
- Partner with the FP&A team to drive Operating, Non-GAAP and GAAP metrics for monthly and quarterly reporting
- Create solutions that business users love and will scale as the Company grows
- Manage the business application roadmap, drive accountability across stakeholders in various functions
- Drive change to increase automation & standardization across key finance-impacting processes, including:
- Quote-to-cash-to-revenue process (SFDC -> Zuora -> Netsuite)
- Planning and management reporting
- Create and own the process for the intake/prioritization of business applications projects
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to design strategy to achieve standardization of systems and processes
- Drive key decisions with the appropriate governing bodies on project scope, budget, staffing, interdependencies and timing
- Understand and manage constituents’ expectations and expressions of priority through continuous communication with those stakeholders
- Manage outside vendors and coordinate internal resources to achieve project milestones
- Work with the CISO and InfoSec team to ensure the systems being implemented comply with security requirements
- Ensure that we’re getting the best value out of the software we’re buying - including negotiations with vendors to pay the appropriate amount for the value we’re getting
- Minimum 10 to 15 years proven experience as the top-level leader of Business Systems at technology companies
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems
- Finance/Accounting degree or MBA a plus
- Demonstrable success implementing and supporting large scale enterprise applications
- Excellent process documentation skills including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Passion for the intersection of user experience, technology, compliance and business value
- Ability to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge
- Deep understanding of IT systems and infrastructure including the universe of SaaS business products (Salesforce, NetSuite, Zuora, Anaplan, Coupa, ADP)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Experience in front-to-back program/project management, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Change Management leading cross-functional initiatives.