The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
ThousandEyes is hiring a technical writer to join our team in building our cutting-edge cloud-based technology. In this position, you'll create public-facing documentation for our product, as well as documentation for internal customers. We're seeking a person who loves to write and enjoys the art of taking complex technical concepts and wrangling them into documentation that can be understood by people with a wide range of backgrounds and needs. A talent for organizing information and organized thinking is also critical. A sense of humor that you can use to inject a modicum of levity in between the tech talk is also a plus.
You'll work with software engineers and product managers to produce bi-weekly release notes for each software release and the accompanying documentation for each new or updated feature in the product. You'll also work with our Customer Success Engineers to maintain the Knowledge Base which contains the product documentation. Other documentation tasks may include creating functional specifications during the design process or similar documentation for internal consumption. Along the way, you'll get to learn about technologies which span the full spectrum of tech that powers the modern Internet, from LAN and SD-WAN tech to BGP, to the top of the application stack (HTTP, VoIP) and stuff in between (e.g. DNS, TLS).
- Top-notch writing skills
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly and pass along that learning in your content
- Experience writing complex content professionally on tight deadlines
Nice to have:
- Agile software development and software release processes
- Cloud-based collaboration tools (e.g. Zoom or Webex)
- Experience with Wikimedia or other wiki software, and Markdown or similar language
- Experience maintaining collections of documents, such as a Knowledge Base
- Familiar with networking, virtualization technologies
- Familiar with CRM/ticketing systems (Jira, Salesforce)
- Use of source control tools/systems (git/Github)
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, GIMP or similar graphics software experience
- Google apps
- Experience using an API
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (python, perl, PHP)