ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
The Endpoint team at ThousandEyes is focused on ensuring our customers have unparalleled ability to quickly troubleshoot network issues, and do long-term analysis of end-user experience. The product is expected to scale fast in line with our other businesses, so we are looking for someone able to shape our approach to scaling and then lead the execution of it. This includes our backend infrastructure (data collection, aggregation, storage and querying), integration with supporting infrastructure, and our approach to supporting a widely deployed fleet of Endpoint agents.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with scaling complex software and infrastructure systems
- Comfortable evaluating and mastering newer technologies
- Expert level understanding of programming languages such as Java or C++
- Demonstrably excellent system design skills
- Experience with streaming architectures, in particular, Kafka
- Experience in open-source development is a plus
- Experience with network protocols is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
If you are passionate about the freedom to innovate on processes and architecture, high quality API design, and focusing on engineering and system-design heavy projects, this is the team for you!