Due to the rapid growth of the ThousandEyes sales team, we have the need for a Sales Forecast and Analytics expert at the headquarters office (San Francisco) - reporting to the Vice President, Sales Operations. This will be a key and highly visible role, focused on “predicting the future” at ThousandEyes. Depending on the candidates’ strengths, these could change slightly but this outlines the core of what we are searching for - essentially owning the forecast process from top of funnel through end bookings:
1) Analyze reports and trends on Lead coverage and pipeline creation - top of funnel
- Conversion and close rates on MQL’s and early stage Opportunities
- Report and track on Pipeline Coverage - developing gap analysis and assisting team (enablement, leaders) with actionable insights
- Similar analysis across the pre-Opportunity pipeline
2) Own Forecast process
- Run weekly forecast calls
- Assist leaders in ensuring data accuracy in SFDC, trained in forecast process etc
3) Complete owner of forecast software. Today, we use Clari (recently started) and this role would own it completely (who has access, seat adds as we grow, etc) along with administration, updates, training the field/leaders, and fundamental replace/renew decisions).
4) Executive reporting
- Assist SVP Sales and VP Sales Operations with various analysis and Board preparation
- Regular cadence of key metrics review with Sales SVP, VP’s and leadership teams
- Deep integration with our Finance and Analytics teams, particularly FP&A
5) Heavy ad-hoc reporting and project “deep dive” type items - broad reach cross-functionally. Samples:
- How many lead touches are required for success, for different scenarios?
- Does a particular sales SPIFF actually work?
- Does a 3rd party solution really have a positive ROI?
- Similar sales-related analysis to help us maximize our productivity
Key experience/traits for this role:
1 - experience with the SaaS model, how new/expansion/renewal bookings are treated
2 - Fiercely analytical - know your way around Excel (pivotables, etc), SFDC, Clari, and similar analysis tools
3 - Eager to explore questions and ideas; curious about the root cause of various outcomes