The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 4 of the top 5 SaaS companies, 4 of the top 6 US banks and 3 of the Fortune 5. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale. ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement — of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
About the role
ThousandEyes network reliability engineers are responsible for building and operating our production network, ensuring network scalability and reliability as well as developing and deploying tools to help manage and monitor our network. We’re looking for talented and highly proficient network reliability engineers with a software and/or network background.
Apply for this role if you:
- Are a fast learner and comfortable working with new technologies
- Are exceptional with network fundamentals and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, and HTTP
- Have experience with open-source network automation frameworks and building software to manage and monitor the network (common languages are Python and Go)
- Are familiar with various network hardware and operating systems
- Have network security experience including network and application firewalls, IDS, IPS, and DDoS
- Are comfortable working with Linux systems, containers and kubernetes
Our infrastructure technology stack:
- Cumulus Networks
- F5 Networks
- Palo Alto Networks