ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
About the Role
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will manage the sales process within an assigned territory for prospective customers and channel partners. They will deliver growth in new business across the assigned territory through the development of strategic relationships with large enterprise accounts. The RSM will build and execute well-defined account plans and drive success in the following areas: territory planning, pipeline development, presentation and delivery, trial process management, pricing, negotiation and the closing process. This is an individual contributor and quota carrying position.
The RSM will both identify and source sales opportunities that align with the ideal customer profile for ThousandEyes for the purposes of maximizing solution value and product adoption. The RSM will initiate contact and professional follow-up for all sales meetings within the assigned territory. The RSM will meet all sales objectives and bookings targets in accordance with company growth expectations, and develop revenue expansion opportunities across a base of enterprise accounts. They must work closely and collaboratively with Customer Success to drive product adoption and usage, as well as with Product Management to understand future requirements to accelerate demand for ThousandEyes in the market.
The successful individual must be highly organized with an entrepreneurial mindset; adept and thorough in delivering sales presentations, onsite visits and product demonstrations to prospective clients. The RSM will foster mutually beneficial relationships with ThousandEyes customers and partners in a consistent, effective and professional manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed quarterly / yearly bookings targets, while delivering consistent and reliable forecasting
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account strategy for the assigned territory
- Accelerate new customer acquisition and upsell growth in existing accounts, while maintaining an accurate sales pipeline
- Work closely with customers and channel partners to drive market adoption of ThousandEyes solutions
- Manage pricing discussions and contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with enterprise customers
- Responsible for complete and accurate on-going maintenance of accounts, forecasts, proposals, and account activity in Salesforce.com
- Relentlessly ensure customer success
- Moderate travel (50%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales territory management experience working for a technology vendor selling enterprise software to network buyers. SaaS sales experience a plus
- A demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding quota selling to large Enterprise / Fortune 500 accounts
- Self-motivated, able to problem solve and work with limited direction
- Demonstrate Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in a start-up environment, where everyone must have the “roll up your sleeves” and get it done attitude
- BS/BA degree preferred