Director, Account Based Field Marketing
The Director of Account Based Field Marketing is responsible for the strategy and implementation of effective Account Based Marketing programs that meet the growth objectives of the business, with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline generation exclusively from a top target account list, accelerating existing opportunities and driving brand recognition of ThousandEyes in regional markets. The role will also drive strong partnership with sales executives, and collaboration with key stakeholders within the Marketing organization, as well as scaling strategies and techniques into the EMEA and APJ markets.
The ideal candidate has a unique blend of leadership, agility, and communications skills along with a passion for data driven decisions and performance reporting. You are collaborative, customer focused, detailed/organized, persistent and a self-starter.
This is an exciting opportunity to be the start a new function with a focus on Account Based Marketing that will make a tremendous, direct impact on the success of ThousandEyes’ aggressive growth objectives as a disruptor of a high multi-billion dollar addressable market and as a pre-IPO Company.
What you get to do in this role:
- Define Account Based Marketing strategy and execution planning, encompassing multiple ABM techniques.
- Partner with the regional sales teams to develop and execute regional, account focused playbooks including, but not limited to, outbound prospecting, inbound lead follow up, nurture, channel activities, live/online events, meeting setting with the goal of building pipeline and accelerating bookings.
- Collaborate and partner with core marketing functions on campaign concept, custom content requirements, digital marketing support/message testing and creative development to ensure effectiveness for regional named accounts.
- Identify the most effective marketing messages, value proposition, materials, channels, and calls to action for personas and key accounts in the regions.
- Partner with leadership to monitor account engagement and follow up activities of the Account Team.
- Obsess over ABM metrics to ensure business impact measured by named account pipeline/bookings (sourced/influenced), database growth and accuracy for named accounts, account/person engagement scores and sales/partner utilization of programs.
- Manage project timelines, quality issues, resources, SOW (scope of work) / budget.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of proven multi-channel B2B marketing experience within enterprise software/SaaS. 5 years experience of digital marketing a plus.
- Demonstrated success mapping content to personas to devise optimal multi touch, integrated programs for account engagement to expose pain/need.
- You are a proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and critical thinking. Proven ability to think strategically, but with exceptional attention to detail in execution.
- Positive, can-do attitude, with the ability to work within a global matrix of marketing and sales professionals, and ability to prioritize numerous projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading team members in the delivery of field marketing campaigns, events, executive and key account programs and partner activity.
- Understanding of pipeline management, waterfall metrics, and ABM metrics.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing and overseeing vendors for marketing program execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills a must. Strong influencing and relationship-building skills
- Strong technical literacy including SFA and MAPs, technical procurement, project management business case creation and user needs analysis. Asana, Salesforce and Marketo preferred.