Thoughtworks Singapore will be shortlisting applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore i.e. Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents only due to the nature of our project in the public sector.
What happens when you have fascinating clients with challenging problems on the one hand and passionate software developers looking to build future-focused solutions on the other? This in-between is where Business Analysts reside, acting as a bridge between the client and team. You will establish the outcomes software must achieve, assess how it will be used, and then generate bold ideas with our developers to create custom applications. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time.
- Understand a client's business problems in order to build, maintain, and evolve product roadmaps to generate impactful solutions
- Assure effective collaboration between Thoughtworks' and the client's teams, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- You will assess the as-is situation and collaborate with clients to create artifacts (personas, epics, stories, etc.) to maximize value
- You will facilitate analysis workshops through “innovation games” with senior client stakeholders to outline business vision, objective, product roadmap and a project release plan.
- You will help companies from a variety of industries achieve true, differentiating outcomes and engage with and influence senior business stakeholders on the client side.
- You will liaise between the client and your team, consisting of SMEs, C-suite executives, developers, quality analysts, tech architects, user experience designers, project managers, etc to manage the product backlog and keep an eye on software delivery. This may also involve wearing the hat of the Iteration Manager/Scrum Master on your delivery team
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organizational transformations for medium- and large-scale businesses
- You will be involved in the Analyst community to share knowledge, mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- You have a track record of delivering impactful software, ideally on a collaborative software delivery team
- You have attention to detail, a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team's outcomes
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client's pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You are well versed with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery methodologies and love to mentor others
- You understand how businesses operate and have experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques to facilitate requirement elicitation sessions
- You design and facilitate workshops with business stakeholders to outline the business vision, objective, product roadmap and a project release plan
- You are well-versed with tech trends and can relate them to real-world business challenges at a program or project level
- You enjoy coaching, have led a team and are an advocate for sharing knowledge with others
- You have a knack for prioritization, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You're resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and enjoy solving problems from technical and business perspectives
Other things to know
Learning & Development
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 30+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.