At the Academy of Thought and Industry we are creating a deeply motivating adolescent program that inspires and empowers students to live meaningful lives. It’s an important and exciting challenge that requires tremendous creativity and ingenuity. Come join our new Hollywood Beach community today!
To help us on our mission, we're looking for a Head of School / Program Director to join our team! Responsible include:
- Communicating our pedagogical vision to teachers, students and families
- Provide coaching to teachers based on regular classroom observations
- Develop relationships with families and be the primary parent contact
- Develop and supervise all programs of the school, ensuring quality for the academic, internship, college preparation and extracurricular programs
- Support and monitor the individual student coaching by teachers
- Collaborate with the network to create annual calendars and weekly school schedules that meet the needs of the students, families, and network
- Manage the Assistant Head of School and the enrollment strategy and outcomes
- Achieve financial targets and campus profitability
This position is a full-time, salaried role. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance, paid-time off, tax-advantaged savings accounts, an extremely generous tuition discount, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our ideal candidate is a mission-driven professional who is excited to manage operations, utilize systems and drive our marketing and admissions strategy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for being a part of a team that is re-inventing high school
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Prior teaching and leadership experience in education
- Knowledge of the Hollywood Beach / North Miami independent school market
- Prior teacher coaching and management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead school culture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with school budgets
- A high degree of personal initiative
- Committed to the idea of endless improvement personally and professionally
- An entrepreneurial mindset, eagerness to solve problems, and an excitement to continue expanding our ATI network in Hollywood Beach!
The Academy of Thought and Industry is an innovative new middle and high school model that inspires, empowers, and connects adolescents to our world so that they can build meaningful lives—now and into adulthood. Too often, teens experience school as a space that hinders them from reaching their goals. The ATI program is designed to help students discover and follow the paths they truly want to pursue.
Students develop and achieve ambitious personal goals through a combination of a humanistic curriculum, individual passion projects, and one-on-one coaching. Through our program, students build a critical understanding of our world and how it developed, and then connect to the world by applying their foundational knowledge to real and meaningful work.
These 5 core values are embedded through every area of our program:
- The Pursuit of Knowledge: We strive to put facts first and gain wisdom through both scholarship and experiential learning. We use evidence-based reasoning to explore, interrogate and debate the big ideas that have shaped our world, seeking what is true and connecting those ideas to our own lives and contexts. We pursue knowledge not as an academic exercise, but to improve our judgment and actions in the world.
- The Dignity of Work: Purposeful work is central to a life well-lived. In choosing our work, we direct our energies intentionally toward our goals, bring structure and focus to our lives, and reshape our worlds. Through cultivating our capacity for work, as well as our appreciation of the rewards of work well done, we develop a character capable of genuine effort and great achievement.
- The Power of Agency: We believe that human beings, using their reason, judgment and passion, are capable of leading self-directed lives of profound meaning and worth. We seek to always acknowledge and respect our own power to act, and to develop and exercise our capacity to act with purpose, integrity and conviction in pursuit of our aspirations.
- The Responsibility and Joyfulness of Community: We recognize the value of deep, honest relationship, and we offer others an authentic self that makes such relationships possible. We enliven and enrich each other through our choice to share norms, practices and expectations. In doing so, we experience the joy of belonging and develop a deep and abiding sense of love and responsibility for the communities we embrace.
- The Courage to Live Wholeheartedly: To fully engage with the world requires a tremendous amount of vulnerability and moral courage. In order to become our best selves, we bravely face our insecurities and have the courage to care deeply about our values. We embrace the everlasting process of personal growth hat is the hallmark of being human, and that allows us to live wholeheartedly.
If you're as excited about this endeavor as we are, please apply below and include a detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in this role.