Do you want more for teens than the traditional high school rat race? Are you passionate about helping them discover their individual strengths and passions? Do you believe an exceptional high school education can—and should—prepare each student to live a meaningful life? If so, Academy of Thought and Industry might be for you!
ATI St. Louis is a Montessori-based middle and high school serving students grades 7-12 in Grand Center, Saint Louis. Our program combines the knowledge and reasoning ideals of a globally-minded liberal arts education, real-world experiential opportunities for today’s teenagers, and a supportive learning community to help each student thrive within a framework of self-directed learning. ATI St. Louis is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, and students in grades 11 and 12 participate in a curriculum aligned with the IB’s Diploma Program.
Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner dedicated to developmentally-based education who understands and loves working with teenagers and is committed to team partnership and collaboration. We're looking for an innovative, intellectual mentor for our students who is passionate about STEM education, and interest in Montessori philosophy.
This position specifically seeks a middle and high school guide to teach Science, Math, and Design Technology and more. This is a full-time teaching position for someone that is
- Strongly interested in co-creating a vibrant, loving school community
- An experienced (or deeply committed to learning) advisor of teenagers to help them explore their passions, learn to manage and overcome challenges, and embrace their strengths
- An expert in study and application of various fields of Science, Construction, and Design
- Passionate about developing student critical thinking skills and mindsets and making connections to the real world
- Deeply motivated to foster student agency and individuality, and willing to personalize instruction and assessment significantly based on student needs
- Deeply committed to working with adolescents
- An excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
- Strengths and solutions focused
- Open to feedback and committed to ongoing personal and professional development
Additionally, our guides contribute to our program through engagement beyond their academic discipline, demonstrating a variety of interests, passions, and/or accomplishments that they are eager to share with students. Examples may include visual art, physical literacy, entrepreneurship, storytelling, robotics, coding, improv, creative professional skills, martial arts, yoga, mindfulness, music, etc.
ATI St. Louis provides a program continuum for students in grades 7-12 and all guides should be eager to engage with students ages 12-18 daily, in a variety of ways.
Ours is a non-traditional, innovative program, and we welcome a range of backgrounds and experiences that aligns to our vision. If you come from a traditional education background, you’re seeking to build something different, to take your teaching practice in creative directions, and to develop deep personal relationships with students and peers.
We strongly encourage and welcome people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity to join our unique community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety perspectives and skills.
If you're as excited about this project as we are, please apply below and include a detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in this role.