VP, Engineering (Onsite, NYC)
As the VP. Engineering you will play a key leadership role in driving Thirty Madison’s engineering efforts to meet our strategic goals. You will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee activities in the Engineering Department, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the company. The ideal candidate is a proven leader that has successfully developed and executed engineering strategies that align with business objectives, is patient focused, and drives innovation, efficiency, and market competitiveness. Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all who suffer from chronic conditions.
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The base pay range for this position is $250,400.00 - $350,000 per year.**
- Annual Incentive Plan + Stock Option Package
- Robust and affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401(k) with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $500 happiness stipend
- Flexible time off policy
**Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual incentive plan and stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
What you get to do every day
- Collaboratively set the technical direction for the engineering team. Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, continuous improvement, patient first mentality, and accountability
- Develop and execute a comprehensive engineering strategy aligned with Thirty Madison’s overall business objectives, ensuring efficient utilization of resources and effective collaboration between key stakeholders
- Ensure patient and provider-utilized technology is functioning optimally to meet the needs of our patients and providers across all platforms. Maintain a culture of quality and engineering accountability for production systems
- Oversee the planning, execution and timely delivery of engineering projects ensuring adherence to engineering best practices, cost-effectiveness, and regulatory compliance
- Manage engineering operations, including budgeting, resource allocation, and project prioritization
- Collaborate with cross functional partners and executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems
- Provide clear and timely communication and effective coordination with stakeholders to ensure risks, issues, and changes are well managed
- Research emerging technologies, vendors, and industry trends. Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making
What you bring to the role
- 10+ years of progressive experience in engineering roles
- 5+ years of experience in leadership positions overseeing complex engineering projects and teams
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing multidisciplinary engineering teams, driving high performance cultures, delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellence in building technical cultures with mission-driven urgency, quality and accountability across the entire life-cycle from planning, through development, and production support.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the demonstrated ability to gather and analyze complex data to drive insights and decision-making
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, with a strong ability to plan, execute, and monitor engineering projects, ensuring on-time delivery and compliance with quality standards
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends, and drive innovation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of relevant industries, market dynamics, and competitive landscape
- Passion for working in a startup environment with a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, adapting to change, and taking calculated risks
- Experience in digital health
- Growth-stage startup experience
- Experience evaluating and integrating partners and acquisitions a plus
U.S. Applicants Only
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.