Senior Product Designer
At Thirty Madison, we’re focused on giving patients a better way to treat and manage chronic conditions that impact millions of Americans every day.
We’re looking for a data-driven, user-focused, endlessly curious designer who’s excited about identifying patient problems – and figuring out how to solve them across web and mobile experiences. You’re someone who’s experienced in designing thoughtful, elegant experiences that keep the patients’ needs in mind at all times. Our team strives to deliver world-class care and user experiences. You’ll design experiences aimed to give our patients a simple, accessible way to manage their care better than ever before, help expand our growing design system, and ensure we’re always delivering the best experience possible to our users by incorporating data and rapid user testing into the design process. You will join a design team working closely with product, engineering, and clinical cross functional partners (to name a few) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We are working on big problems and need keen minds to help scale our products.
The ideal candidate is energetic, data-driven, creative, strategic, detail-oriented, and relentless about raising the bar. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our message is never, ever sacrificed. Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all who suffer from chronic conditions.
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The base pay range for this position is $137,600 - $189,200 per year **
- Annual Incentive Plan + Stock Option Package
- Robust and affordable Health, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $500 happiness stipend
- Flexible time off policy
**Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual incentive plan and stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
What you get to do every day
- Take user problems from concept, to visual design, to supporting its implementation across web and mobile platforms.
- Experimentation through prototyping, testing, and iteration to build experiences our patients love
- Understanding the behavior of existing and prospective patients through user research and testing in collaboration with Product, and analyze the findings from these explorations to implement changes and iterations.
- Rapid, intentional A/B testing and iteration to bring businesses closer to meeting product market fit.
- Participating in the discovery process to ensure that both problem statements and hypotheses are driven from end-user and customer insights. Continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams of the business (product, engineering, marketing, clinical, data, strategy) to create innovative and practical solutions to business challenges through design
- Giving and soliciting feedback from other Designers, Product Managers and Engineers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
What you bring to the role
- 6+ years of relevant product design experience, ideally at a consumer-focused, product-driven company
- Proficiency in creating pixel perfect high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Figma
- Some experience working with and updating design systems
- Experience with A/B testing
- Proven ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions
- Strong foundational design skills, including an understanding of typography, color and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- A portfolio that showcases your thinking, skills, and craft for design.
- Passion about making health care more consumer centric and making care for chronic health conditions a better experience
- If you’ve worked in health & wellness and/or e-commerce (subscription preferred)
- Experience on projects that directly impact conversion and/or retention
- Foundational understanding of software development and common languages used in building web applications, i.e. HTML, CSS and React principles
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Picnic for allergies, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*