We are seeking a hardworking, organized, and pragmatic attorney who is excited to serve as Thirty Madison’s Senior Counsel. The Senior Counsel is a key member of the Legal team, providing healthcare regulatory guidance and recommendations to the company, including our Senior Leadership Team, to promote growth, innovation, operational efficiencies and identify and appropriately escalate areas of risk. As Senior Counsel, you will also assist with certain transactions and negotiations impacting Thirty Madison’s business.
This position reports directly to the Associate General Counsel.
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
What you get to do every day
- Provide strategic and practical legal advice to the Thirty Madison business units on all relevant legal matters, with a focus on various aspects of healthcare regulatory law, marketing, advertising, strategic partnerships, and transactions
- With minimal oversight, counsel colleagues on various legal questions, such as general corporate matters, digital health and other health care regulations, and FDA and FTC marketing and advertising considerations
- Serve as the primary collaborative thought partner with the business teams (including brands, clinical, medical operations, product/engineering, etc.) and the broader leadership team by translating complex legal topics into relevant, insightful explanations that inform strategic and operational decisions
- Partner with Compliance on requirements, audits, and regulatory matters, including enforcement of company policies
- Assist with building and improving Legal team processes, systems and templates and advance short-term and long-term best practices with the business teams
What you bring to the role
- You're a seasoned health care regulatory and compliance attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and 4+ years of relevant in-house or top-tier law firm experience (startup, digital health / health tech, HIPAA experience is a plus)
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and senior executives to impact decision-making
- Highly independent with an ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Skillful issue-spotter, able to assess and balance both legal and business risks in the highly regulated health care environment
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative mindset able present solutions to complex problems to a range of audiences
- You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful issues collaboratively with your colleagues
*Contractors and temps are not eligible for benefits.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Picnic (for allergies), Facet (for skin), and Nurx (for women's sexual and reproductive health). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*