We are looking for a data-driven, performance marketing leader to generate new customer growth, effectively test and scale digital and offline acquisition channels, and optimize the marketing mix for maximum return on investment. This position requires someone who can use their keen combination of creativity and outstanding analytical skills to understand the customer and the customer journey, design smart high-impact testing agendas, analyze results, and quickly implement findings to drive meaningful growth. The right candidate innately understands the power of brand and organic marketing while simultaneously deploying paid media best practices in performance lead generation and advertising.
This role will report into the Head of Emerging Businesses.
What you’ll do
- Oversee Performance Marketing: Lead strategy and a small team that performs hands-on campaign management across several of the following channels: Paid Search (Google, Bing), Facebook, Direct Mail plus ancillary channels. Create aggressive testing frameworks, calendars and processes to enable ongoing improvements. Drive budget allocation between channels and lead campaign specific optimizations for conversion.
- Build and develop your growth marketing team: As a manager of a small growth marketing team, you will be managing several growth marketers, structure roles and responsibilities of the team as well as ensure they can grow in their roles.
- Lead creative strategy: Combine creativity and analytics to produce winning marketing assets that improve performance - from social ads to scripts to video production (and more). Use consumer insights, result history and competitive audits to create detailed, insightful briefs for internal and external teams; collaborate on the execution. A deep understanding of and empathy for the Cove and Picnic customer will be critical to success in this area.
- Drive Innovation: Identify, test and scale high-impact, new and emerging digital channels as well as out-of-the box ideas. Collaborate cross-functionally to find places to innovate in acquisition and conversion optimization for meaningful growth. Track relevant market conditions and competitive trends, using insights to shape future plans. Work with our pharma partners on their digital marketing strategies. Drive new product launch strategies. Lead the selection and implementation of third-party tools, data, and other services that support and enhance advertising performance and measurement.
- Test, Measure & Iterate: Manage the marketing calendar. Ideate and help to build out A/B testing initiatives both on- and off-site (creative, copy, landing pages, etc). Work closely with our Creative, product and data teams, providing recommendations to optimize performance and validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers.
- Budgeting, Reporting & Forecasting: Work with finance and General managers on overall budget & strategy; hold responsibility for media mix strategy, investment strategy by geo / seasonality, and any decision involving how to spend our advertising dollars. Develop and maintain reports that track efficacy of marketing efforts and spend to drive better decisions. Communicate performance to internal leadership and partners to promote shared understanding of performance marketing strategy, return on investment, and opportunities.
How you will do it
- Outstanding Analytical Skills: You will have demonstrated experience interpreting data and deriving impactful insights. You are hands-on, data-driven in order to prioritize initiatives, measure results, iterate when necessary, and support business cases. You can easily translate complicated data into relevant insights that can explain business trends and impact on future outcomes.
- Data Driven Solutions: Define data needs with engineering to ensure accurate and timely data capabilities used in customer analysis, recurring dashboards and any other customer and transactional needs.
- Sense of Ownership: You should possess a penchant for taking responsibility for a project from design to implementation and show pride in your work. You are a self-starter and a team leader, someone who can operate independently with little direction but knows when to raise issues.
- Leadership, Collaboration & Influence: You think “team first” with the ability to work cross-functionally – all while articulating a point of view respectfully with tact, and simultaneously selling in your ideas with thoughtful data. You lead by example and your actions speak louder than your words.
- Desire to Win: You are proactive and energetic, constantly thinking of ways to positively and significantly affect the business. You are forward-looking, never complacent with the status-quo. You’re not afraid to fail and readily learn from your mistakes.
Other requirements & considerations
- 7+ years minimum experience in driving acquisition and growth Expertise in paid social strategies and tactics.
- DTC start-up experience, managing budgets of $1M+ monthly.
- Experience building and scaling different acquisition channels, across online and offline. Can identify the right channels for scalable growth.
- Expert in marketing automation software, content management platforms, attribution modeling, Google Analytics, and funnel optimization.
- Experience in growth forecasting and attribution modeling. Ability to build and improve multi-channel growth models through advanced analytics.
- Ability to lead but will also roll up sleeves and dig in
- Prior people management experience is a requirement, vendor management also critical.
- Keen interest in how brands build awareness with customers, deliver highly efficient customer acquisition and measure performance in the consumer facing digital world
- Strong working knowledge of marketing tools and tech. In-depth experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ad Manager & Google Analytics. Experience with database structures and data tools like Looker is a plus.
- Comfort with a fluid environment. The job description captures general responsibilities, but we are a fast growing company and there are many opportunities to grow in this role towards more ownership.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors and temps are not eligible for benefits.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), Picnic (for allergies), Facet (for skin), and Nurx (for women's sexual and reproductive health). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
At this time, Thirty Madison is fully remote (excluding Pharmacy roles) and operates in the following states: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*