We are looking for a strong Data Architect who is an authority in their craft and an excellent problem solver! This is an excellent opportunity for someone with deep technical expertise who is interested in joining a fast growing organization and crafting the future of the data platform to support the company's high-reaching goals! As the data architect on the data engineering team, you will work closely with a team of data engineers and analysts to build Thirty Madison's data platform.
Responsibilities / What you get to do every day
- Design and develop organizational data strategy that includes data modeling, database schema development, implement and manage the data lake, data warehouse and reporting data services
- Play an integral role in developing a company wide data governance program. Coordinate and collaborate with different teams, stakeholders, and vendors for the smooth functioning of the enterprise data system.
- Ownership of end-to-end data architecture including the development and maintenance of the ER models for the OLTP databases, dimensional modeling of the reporting database
- Collaborate with business, product and engineering leaders to understand business opportunities, help shape and drive the development of data infrastructure, data integration and data warehousing platforms.
- Architect data warehouse with elegant design thinking approach. Develop and automate pipelines and tools to enable streamlined and robust operation.
- Responsible for data integrity and consistency and quality of new releases
- Design and define reference data architecture, which is a pattern others can follow to build and improve data systems
- Participate and contribute to the data product development cycle, including the technical design and code review process
- Mentor other engineers and become a contributor to our engineering culture
Qualifications / What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of proven experience
- Technical architect with 8+ years of full-time professional experience in building and optimizing ELT pipelines and data warehouse to empower enterprise-grade data platform and reporting capabilities
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in designing and building AWS based data services
- Experienced at data modeling, architecture and system design
- Data warehousing solutions experience with technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Hands-on proficiency in SQL and at least one scripting language e.g. Python
- Experience with data orchestration tools like dbt, Prefect/Airflow
- Postgres, Aurora or similar database experience
- Experience with any of the storage formats: Parquet, Avro
- Experiences with event-driven architecture and micro-services
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with moving targets and changing priorities
Bonus Points / Nice to haves
- Prior data architect experience
- Terraform, Stitch, Segment, Looker experience
- Experience with clinical / pharmacy / medical claims data
- Experience in hosting, provisioning and maintaining database servers in cloud environment, preferably AWS
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
At this time, Thirty Madison is fully remote (excluding Pharmacy roles) and operates in the following states: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*