The role / What’s the opportunity?
- You will be one of the early members of the Thirty Madison Android team, which works closely with its iOS counterparts, as well as the larger Thirty Madison Engineering Org, to help realize the company vision of increasing access to quality healthcare for chronic conditions.
Responsibilities / What you get to do every day
- Your core role will be highly technical: designing and developing the initial Thirty Madison Android app offering. You will also be a champion for the Android platform — working with the rest of the team to educate others on Android best practices, Android user expectations, designing APIs for Android, and investigating and experimenting with cutting edge Android frameworks to help decide where the app will go next.
- The Mobile Team, across both mobile platforms, is laser-focused on patient experience and application quality, while being ambassadors internally for native mobile development. We are very excited to be growing the team this year, and can't wait to welcome new and enthusiastic engineers who want to make a real impact on hundreds of thousands of people's lives.
Qualifications / What you bring to the role
- You have driven or helped drive the development and maintenance of at least one native Android application at medium-to-large scale (~50k+ users).
- You have experience considering all aspects of a new mobile application: architecture patterns, networking, security, application life-cycle management, and performance.
- You keep up-to-date with Android technology, APIs, news, best practices, and are excited to mentor and teach others about those things.
- You have experience working with REST APIs and familiarity with GraphQL.
- You actively seek out new challenges and pursue a growth mindset throughout your work.
- You care deeply about the user experience and are ready to speak up when you have an idea for improving it, while simultaneously evaluating tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- You feel confident in your ability to self-regulate and get work done on your own schedule while working within a diverse, distributed, remote team.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors and temps are not eligible for benefits.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*