The role / What’s the opportunity?
At Keeps, we’ve built the largest D2C men’s hair loss brand in the US by aspiring to be the first and last place men go to treat their hair loss. To achieve that goal, it’s vital that we’re able to provide in-person treatment options to our patients. As we open our first hair restoration studio in New York City, we are looking for a founding team of Surgical Hair Technicians to help assist our lead Transplant Surgeon throughout the entire hair transplant process and deliver expert care to Keeps patients.
Under the direction of the physician, the Surgical Hair Technician will be instrumental in:
- Administering care and providing for the safety of patients in the procedure room
- Silvering, cutting, and implanting micro follicular grafts during hair transplant procedures
- Assisting the patient before, during, and after the procedure (providing patients with verbal and written post-operative instructions and answer questions they might have)
- Being scrubbed and ready for each case on time
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the treatment room, supplies, utensils, instruments and equipment
- Maintaining operating room policies and procedures
- Assisting with general clean up of the procedure room
- Following up with patients
- Communicating frequently with the physician in an effective, positive, and professional manner..
In this role, you will be one of the first Surgical Hair Technicians at Keeps as we look to take on the hair transplant market across the US. You will have a unique chance to craft operating procedures, provide expert care to our widespread patient base, and take on added responsibility as we create a nationwide hair restoration presence.
This is a full-time, salaried position located at our hair restoration practice in New York, NY.
You should have:
- High school Diploma or GED completed
- RN or LPN a huge plus
- 2-3 years of hair restoration experience with Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Expertise in pulling, cutting, and placing grafts. Experience in harvesting grafts (punching) is a plus
- Must be able to place 500 grafts an hour (on average)
- Must have experience using microscopes
- Steady hands, good dexterity and excellent eyesight
- Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA and OSHA standards
- Familiarity with electronic health records systems, Microsoft Office, and an ability to learn new software as needed
- Must have a great attitude and work/communicate well with others
- A willingness to relocate to our practice in New York, NY
#LI-KN07 #LI-Onsite RQ2088
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors and temps are not eligible for benefits.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*