About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
About the Role:
The Launch team is focused on creating brands and businesses aimed at treating prevalent chronic conditions that impact millions of Americans to give patients a better way to manage their health..
We’re looking for a data-driven, user-focused, curious designer who’s excited about identifying problems – and figuring out how to solve them. You’re someone who’s experienced in designing clean, thoughtful, elegant experiences that keep the users’ needs in mind at all times. Our team strives to deliver world-class care and user experiences. You’ll design experiences aimed to give our patients a simple, accessible way to manage their care better than ever before, help expand our growing design system, and ensure we’re always delivering the best experience possible to our users by incorporating data and rapid user testing into the design process. You will join an empowered design team working in a fast-paced, pre-launch, environment. We are working on big problems and need keen minds to help scale up our products.
The ideal candidate is energetic, data-driven, creative, strategic, detail-oriented, and relentless about raising the bar. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our message is never, ever sacrificed. Importantly, this role is to help build a new business from scratch.
This role reports to Mollie McGill.
You’re the right person for the role if you’re:
- You have a track record of leading projects through all phases of the product lifecycle: engaging in early stage brainstorming and wire-framing, through shipping and iterating.
- Able to think, execute within, and expand holistic design systems and component libraries
- A deeply collaborative team player who values partnering closely with your product and engineering teammates.
- A data-driven designer, able to identify key trends throughout the product, and understand how your designs influence those trends
- You have a solid grasp of web standards, accessibility, standard design patterns, and responsive design
- Able to delve deep into complex problems, even if that means stepping outside of your comfort zone – healthcare isn’t simple (unfortunately!)
- You’re skilled at balancing visual design, user experience, and business needs demonstrated through features that have shipped
- User-focused. You’re obsessed with great customer relationships and creating the best possible journeys for users, all the way from user flows to fully fleshed-out and polished visual designs
- Excited about testing hypotheses, iterating, and testing again
- Experienced working within an agile framework, delivering development-ready designs and working with engineering to clarify your intent
- Highly curious about data. You value metrics and performance. You want to make things that aren’t just beautiful, but deliver results
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
Some things you will work on:
- Take user problems from concept, to visual design, to supporting its implementation
- Experimentation through prototyping, testing, and iteration to build experiences our patients love
- Understanding the behavior of existing and prospective patients through user research and testing in collaboration with Product, and analyze the findings from these explorations to implement changes and iterations.
- Creating designs and experiences for rapid, intentional A/B testing and iteration to bring businesses closer to meeting product market fit.
- Participating in the discovery process to ensure that both problem statements and hypotheses are driven from end-user and customer insights. Continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions
- Partnering closely with members of the business (product, marketing, data, strategy) to create innovative and practical solutions to business challenges through design
- Giving and soliciting feedback from other Designers, Product Managers and Engineers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
You should have:
- 3+ years of relevant product design experience, ideally at a consumer-focused, product-driven company
- Proficiency creating pixel perfect high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Some experience working with and updating design systems
- Proven ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions
- Strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- A portfolio that showcases your thinking, skills, and craft for design.
- Passion about making health care more consumer centric and making care for chronic health conditions a better experience
- If you’ve worked in health & wellness and/or e-commerce (subscription preferred
- Experience with prototyping (InVision, Principle, etc))
- Experience on projects that improve conversion and/or retention
- Foundational understanding of software development and common languages used in building web applications, i.e. HTML, CSS and React principles
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times, and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*