About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
What is the opportunity?
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. As our business has grown dramatically, so has our team, more than doubling to 200+ employees in less than a year. We have exciting plans to change the future of healthcare, and we’ll need to build out an effective accounting team to support that mission.
This candidate will be the first Senior Accountant for Thirty Madison and will work closely with our in house and outsourced accounting teams. The ideal person will be resourceful, results-focused, hyper-analytical with a keen attention to detail and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, empathetic, and proactive, who will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to help build an accounting function at a company that is transforming the healthcare industry.
This role reports to our Controller.
In this role, you will…
- Lead the month end close process and review financial statements for accuracy and GAAP compliance
- Oversee all aspects of our AP and expense systems, credit card accounts and headcount reporting
- Partner with all members of the business unit teams and outsourced accountants to ensure proper recording and reporting of financial information
- Be responsible for overseeing the reconciliation of company product and packaging inventory
- Prepare communications for periodic bank and investor reporting
- Develop and maintain account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Play a key role in the company audits and tax preparation
- Assist in documenting policies and procedures for all areas of the accounting function
You’ll be successful in this role if you should have…
- 5-7+ years of progressive accounting experience in a complex or high growth environment, at a company with multiple internal P&Ls
- Ability to function both independently and in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to communicate outcomes and recommendations effectively and concisely
- Proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks, NetSuite a plus
- Strong organization and time management skills with a “no task is too small” attitude
- A passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Eagerness to join a lean startup and build things from the ground up
Bonus points if you have...
- Healthcare industry experience
- Subscription business model and D2C eCommerce experience
- Experience with high volume inventory models
ities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.