About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Cove is a telemedicine platform that is entirely dedicated to migraine treatment and management. With Cove, patients can connect with a doctor via a secure messaging platform and receive the migraine treatment plan that’s right for them and get their medication delivered directly to their door. Cove offers 20+ migraine treatments, including prescription medications, over-the-counter treatments, and dietary supplements.
There’s not a better time to join Cove. The platform launched in 2018 and is growing rapidly. It’s the second brand from Thirty Madison (thirtymadison.com), the human-first health company bringing specialized care and treatment to everyone. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, and right-sized plans that fit their needs, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
Cove fills an important gap in migraine care and offers the convenience so many migraine sufferers have lacked. We have enthusiastic customers who love our brand, are constantly expanding our product portfolio and working on exciting partnerships.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the design team. In this role, you’ll design important features for our patients, help expand our growing design system, and ensure we’re always delivering the best experience possible to our users. We build products that healthcare consumers can truly love, and they need to come first.
The ideal candidate is energetic, creative, detail-oriented and relentless about raising the bar. You can work at a fast pace, own things from concept to production, and are obsessive about making things better. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and will challenge us at every turn. We’re first to market, so there’s no healthcare business to look to for best practices and inspiration, and the person we're looking for is motivated to build a product that owns this space and sets the standard for migraine care. This is an incredible opportunity to help build a healthcare brand that people truly love.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- You’re a proven design leader, having led projects through all phases of the product lifecycle: engaging in early stage brainstorming and wire-framing, through to shipping
- You’re able to think, execute within, and expand holistic design systems and component libraries
- You’re a data-driven designer, able to identify key trends throughout the product, and understand how your designs influence those trends
- You have a solid grasp of web standards, accessibility, standard design patterns, and responsive design
- You thrive on ownership. You own your work, and you make sure things get done
- You’re able to delve deep into complex problems, even if that means stepping outside of your comfort zone -- healthcare isn’t simple (unfortunately!)
Some things you will work on:
- Drive the growth of the digital product, by working with product and senior leadership in contributing and executing on the roadmap
- Designing everything from the highest level user flows for a new feature, all the way down to the nitty gritty error states and everything in between
- Own the establishment of Cove’s design system as we broaden our product’s capabilities
- Lead customer research projects as we seek to further understand our patients and why they’re coming to Cove
- Work with the marketing team, to ensure the Cove brand is properly represented across all digital touchpoints
You should have:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience, ideally at a consumer-focused, product-driven company
- Proficiency creating pixel perfect high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Experience working with and updating design systems
- Experience with prototyping (InVision, Principle, etc)
- Proven ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions
- Strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including written and verbal
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- If you’ve worked in health & wellness and/or e-commerce (subscription preferred)
- Experience on projects that improve conversion and/or retention
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.