About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
About the Role
Are you passionate about the ongoing transformation of healthcare delivery through technology? Our medical group, KMG, is recruiting a Practice Director to focus on scaling a virtual multiple specialty practice. We’re looking for a patient-obsessed and quality-focused physician who will manage and support our clinicians, work with our brands to refine our care models, streamline standard workflows, and focus on delivering quality medical expertise through virtual care.
In this role, you will practice in a lively, enriching environment focused on delivering quality care in a system dedicated to evidence-based medicine, sophisticated decision-support tools, and professional clinical support. The ideal physician is passionate about making KMG the employer of choice for clinicians as we become the industry leader in virtual speciality care. They are focused on quality, and excited about the opportunity to coach other care providers to achieve the best engagement and outcomes for our patients. They are highly motivated by the opportunity Thirty Madison presents to change the traditional approach towards treating chronic conditions and dramatically redefine how care is delivered to millions of patients.
This position will report to the President, KMG while working cross-functionally with other business teams to solve problems and uncover new business opportunities. This role, while flexible in the short-term, is based in New York. Candidates who prefer to maintain a limited clinical practice are welcome to apply. While multiple licenses are a plus, we will work with the right candidate to expand scope of practice.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with our KMG president and Clinical Operations team, oversee recruiting, hiring, onboarding, ongoing training, and provider management
- Lead our quality program, including support for national credentialing programs (e.g., URAC), and the ongoing development of our provider team. Interface with payor delegation management teams as needed.
- Apply Patient Safety processes and frameworks (e.g., TeamSTEPPS or patient safety training inventory)
- Continually develop and coach our providers to be uniquely great at telemedicine, and able to deliver a differentiated, quality, care experience
- Work with our brand leaders, Medical Directors and Advisory Boards to refine and expand clinical framework and implement new guidelines as needed, including but not limited to diagnostic framework and online patient consultation intake process
- Partner with business stakeholders, including General Managers, to help pilot, test and roll out new initiatives designed to enhance quality of care and improve the overall customer experience
- Stay current on treatment innovations and host regular training sessions for physicians who consult on the provider platform
- Develop with platform operational counterparts a scalable and cross-service line quality assurance (e.g., chart audits) infrastructure
- Perform medical consult reviews and provide feedback to physicians. Review sample consults completed each week to provide specific feedback and coaching to physicians
- Extract takeaways from consult reviews and organize continuing education trainings for physicians
- Perform asynchronous medical consults via the provider platform on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with existing panels of medical advisors and business teams on a set of cross-functional priorities (e.g., patient outcomes, publications, content for our Blog about chronic conditions)
Who you are
- MD/DO with ABMS Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Neurology, Dermatology, or gastroenterology
- At least four (4) years of Telehealth experience
- Minimum of five (5) years provider management experience
- Comfort and experience in recruiting, hiring and developing clinical staff, including but not limited to physicians.
- Empathetic and understanding people leader who is invested in making reports successful
- Experienced in and comfortable using data to improve clinical practice, drive workflow improvements and enhance patient outcomes
- Excited about clinical outcomes research and the opportunity to partner with our brands to quantify the efficacy of our care model
- Organized, responsive and good at project management and execution
- Analytical with an an objective approach to evaluating patient care and suggesting improvements
- Passionate about simplifying the healthcare experience for the provider and improving access and affordability for our patients
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.