About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
In this role, you will have P&L ownership over a Business Unit and be responsible for launching and scaling it to become the undisputed leader in it’s space. You will develop a strategic plan and budget, build a top talented team around you and collaborate closely with our executive, platform, enablement, and medical teams to execute against it.
The ideal candidate is customer obsessed and relentless in driving results, and has demonstrated these qualities via experience at a high growth ecommerce (ideally subscription based), technology, or healthcare company. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to build a new brand that patients will truly love.
This role reports to either the CEO or President.
Some of what you’ll be working on:
- Develop the strategic and operational plan to launch and scale the business to be the undisputed category leader in its category
- Be responsible for the P&L, working with finance and executive teams to develop annual and quarterly budgets and growth plans and execute against them
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in collaboration with shared resources throughout the company
- Lead the marketing team to deploy marketing budget across core and experimental performance channels, partnerships, activations, and other initiatives
- Lead the evolution of the brand via a deep understanding of the needs of our customers through customer interviews, surveys, and messaging audits
- Collaborate with Platform and CX teams to ensure the customer experience is best-in-class while working to drive overall efficiencies
- Understand the specific chronic condition landscape of the brand and work with medical and operations teams to ensure that our offering meets the needs of our customers
- Share the brand story with press, at conferences, and to other external partners
- Serve as the company specialist on all-things-your chronic condition
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- A business unit owner who will be relentless is driving performance across all aspects of a brand
- Experienced in creating and executing against short- and long-term business plans
- A brand focused problem solver with a vision for how a brand should evolve over time
- Ruthlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills and a natural inclination to base decisions on data yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- A versatile player who brings experience and ideas on how to improve performance in areas ranging from growth to brand to CX
- Customer-obsessed and always advocating for what is best for the customers
- Able to motivate people and wield influence to get the job done without necessarily having formal authority
- A strategic thinker with a willingness to work without constraints, bringing fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big)
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and executing against ambitious goals
- A great teammate with a One Team, hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
You should have:
- 5+ years of high-performance experience in a GM, growth, product, or operations role at a high-growth company. Previous experience in healthcare, banking and/or consulting a plus
- Expertise in developing business plans and budgets for rapidly scaling business units
- Demonstrated success in owning a P&L and driving business unit KPIs
- Background and experience across functional areas (growth, brand, product, CX, etc). The more parts of a business you have touched, the better
- Exceptional data-first thinking and analytical skills, with a history of demonstrating the ability to build both tactical budgets and long term strategic growth plans. Bonus points if you’ve worked in subscription businesses and are a specialist on cohort analysis
- Experience managing the evolution of a brand including working with external branding agencies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.