About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Thirty Madison is looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join our Press and Communications team and help us build our reputation as an innovative patient-first company that’s truly changing healthcare. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced writer who’s passionate about healthcare to build out a brand voice and content strategy that resonates with patients as well as payor and pharmaceutical partners. While there’s a growing list of projects for this person to tackle, ranging from launching a newsletter to reporting on clinical outcomes, there’s also an incredible amount of green space to make this role your own.
You’re the right person for this role if:
- You understand the rise of healthcare consumerism, the healthcare industry, healthcare policy, and the opportunity for a company like Thirty Madison
- You’re excited to be the editor-in-chief of the future ThirtyMadison.com blog(s) and newsletter, helping us to build a broader audience
- You’re constantly reading and sharing news about healthcare startups and innovations
- You’re able to translate complex and dry topics into engaging, provoking content
- You’re able to quickly understand and communicate externally about healthcare news and what Thirty Madison’s opinion on it will be
- You’re able to spot opportunities and drive us forward, faster without direct guidance
- You enjoy the ambiguity of working in a fast-moving environment and understand how to best work cross functionally
Some of what you will be working on will be:
- Partnering with our strategy and ops team as well as designers to create white papers and reports for pharmaceutical and payor partnerships
- Partnering with with our medical team and external partners to complete clinical outcomes reporting
- Building out Thirty Madison’s credibility in the healthcare industry through content, conferences, and more.
- Working with company leaders to develop their thought leadership in various forms, ranging from social media to op-eds to panels
- Creating internal research documents around innovations in the industry and what our point-of-view should be
- Pitching and submitting Thirty Madison leaders for conferences, panels, and events
- Partnering with our payor and pharmaceutical teams to help them develop a cohesive press outreach and content strategy
You should have:
- A strong understanding and interest in the healthcare consumerism
- A background in content strategy, editorial work, and/or journalism, bonus if you have experience interviewing or in public relations
- Experience working with and revising content from non-writers without editing out their voice
- Experience translating raw data into compelling white papers and reports
- Experience developing and evolving a brand voice that stands out and engages people
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.