About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
What is the opportunity?
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. As our business has grown dramatically, so has our team, more than doubling to 100+ employees in less than a year. We have exciting plans to change the future of healthcare, and we’ll need to build out an effective FP&A / financial operations infrastructure to support that mission.
This candidate will support planning, forecasting, financial reporting, and financial analysis for Thirty Madison. The ideal person will be resourceful, results-focused, hyper-analytical with a keen attention to detail and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, empathetic, and proactive, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to help build a finance function at a company that is transforming the healthcare industry.
This role reports to our Head of Finance.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- Someone who exhibits strong attention to detail, and a devotion to accuracy and data integrity
- An analytical problem-solver with the ability to drive creative insights from raw outputs
- Biased towards and experienced with automating solutions for manual tasks and processes
- Able to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere
- A strong written and oral communicator
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and executing against ambitious goals
- Exceedingly resourceful and can point to examples where you were unwilling to let roadblocks stop you from arriving at an answer
- A great teammate with a hands-on mentality and a “no task is too small” attitude
Some things you will work on:
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
- Own the budgeting process including development of department specific budgets
- Generate, maintain, and automate financial reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external parties
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling for business and product teams, including ad hoc analyses
- Prepare presentations for board of directors and senior management
- Help the Finance team improve its processes to support the very ambitious growth plan of the Company
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role
- Proven history of creating budgets, tracking and reporting against forecasts
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to articulate findings and translate them into meaningful actions
- Advanced Excel skills
- An ability to function both independently and in a team environment and communicate effectively with key stakeholders; including senior management
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Eagerness to join a lean startup and build things from the ground up
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with recurring revenue businesses, cohort analyses, and CLTV metrics
- D2C eCommerce experience
- Healthcare industry experience
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.