About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is transforming healthcare. We are looking for a strategy and operations-focused MBA Summer Associate to work on key projects related to growing and scaling our three existing businesses (Keeps, Cove, Evens) and our platform, as well as new business launches.
In order to deliver high-quality and affordable specialized care we must find new ways of doing things within the incredibly complex and broken healthcare system. This requires a deep understanding of how healthcare works, the creativity and drive to do things differently, and the ability to execute on high-stakes initiatives. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects related to our existing and emerging businesses, using your background to help devise and execute on brand strategy, business development, marketing, and execution. You will also have the opportunity to work on projects related to Thirty Madison’s platform, which is the core infrastructure of our care model. Comprised of functions such as supply chain, pharmacy, medical operations, and customer experience, our platform offers strategic support for all of our healthcare businesses as they grow. You will have a unique chance to engage and own tactical, detail-oriented workstreams, while also lending your expertise to bigger picture strategic issues. Some of your projects could range in topics from bringing new products to market, to analyzing a competitive landscape, to proposing new options for scaling pharmacy operations. This role will provide a special window into what it takes to grow and scale a consumer-focused healthcare company.
The ideal candidate is analytical, resourceful, organized, and results-oriented. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. We have multiple businesses that are scaling, and this is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to work at the forefront of innovation in healthcare and is looking for challenges that span functional and operational areas.
This role reports to the Co-Founder.
This is a paid 10-week remote internship from June to August 2021. All applicants must be available to work full-time during the program dates to be considered. Selected candidates will be considered for full-time post-graduation employment opportunities based on performance.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- A versatile problem solver who gets stuff done. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Able to easily transition between big picture thinking and tactical execution - you’re equally at ease brainstorming brand strategy as you are putting together a financial model
- Ruthlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean impactful insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- Comfortable optimizing and improving existing frameworks but not afraid to start from scratch and build something from the ground up
- Naturally organized. You are able to effectively manage multiple work streams that span functions and stakeholders
- A force to be reckoned with, using resourcefulness and determination to complete projects and implement processes from start to finish
- A master communicator, able to motivate people, align interests, and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company
- A great teammate with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude!
- Be an MBA candidate from a top program, with expected graduation in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- Have pre-MBA experience in business strategy, consulting, investment banking, operations management, e-commerce, analytics, supply chain or other relevant fields. Bonus points for experience at a healthcare and/or DTC company
- Have strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to use data analysis to build actionable insights. Expertise in Excel and drafting presentations is a must
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Be able to get up to speed quickly on new areas and have a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Exhibit a strong ability to manage multiple workstreams from beginning to end and bring structure to undefined procedures
- Demonstrate passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare!
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.