About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
the Associate General Counsel is a key member of the legal team. This role with assist with managing all legal aspects of the Company, provide legal guidance and recommendations to the General Counsel and Executive Leadership Team to promote growth, innovation, operational efficiencies and maximum profitability while minimizing risk.
This position reports directly to General Counsel
- Draft, negotiate and review a wide variety of contracts such as supply chain agreements, strategic collaboration agreements, marketing and advertising contracts and technology vendor agreements
- Counsel colleagues on various legal questions, such as: general corporate matters; digital health and other health care regulations; employment law issues; IP protection and enforcement; privacy and general compliance
- Manage corporate filings and regulatory filings
- Help manage Thirty Madison’s IP portfolio
- Design, build and improve legal department processes and forms
Qualifications / What skills do I need? / You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- You are an attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and 3+ years of relevant in-house or law firm experience
- You have experience negotiating a variety of agreements and counseling clients on a variety of matters (bonus for digital health!)
- You are equipped with experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- You are able to assess and balance both legal and business risks
- You are a skillful issue-spotter and a clear communicator
- Experience representing technology and/or emerging growth companies, particularly in the digital health space
- Experience in consumer protection, advertising, intellectual property, M&A, and/or healthcare law
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.