About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Cove is a telemedicine platform that is entirely dedicated to migraine treatment and management. With Cove, patients can connect with a doctor via a secure messaging platform and receive the migraine treatment plan that’s right for them and get their medication delivered directly to their door. Cove offers 20+ migraine treatments, including prescription medications, over-the-counter treatments, and dietary supplements.
There’s not a better time to join Cove. The platform launched in 2018 and is growing rapidly. It’s the second brand from Thirty Madison (thirtymadison.com), the human-first health company bringing specialized care and treatment to everyone. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, and right-sized plans that fit their needs, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
Cove fills an important gap in migraine care and offers the convenience so many migraine sufferers have lacked. We have enthusiastic customers who love our brand, are constantly expanding our product portfolio and working on exciting partnerships.
Are you versatile and unafraid of new challenges? In this role, you will partner across the Cove and Thirty Madison organizations, from medical operations to marketing to product to supply chain, to own and advance critical projects on the Cove roadmap. You will lead the conception, development and launch of new non-prescription additions to our portfolio (see Cove Beam as an example). In addition, you will run our annual and quarterly planning processes.
The ideal candidate is strategic, able to quickly identify the core drivers of our business and to suggest opportunities to optimize the business model, but also an expert tactical executor who can deliver results leading complex, cross-functional initiatives. You should be analytical, resourceful, organized, and results-oriented. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This role will provide a unique opportunity for someone to develop operational skills vital to building an innovative, world-class business within the healthcare space.
You will be part of Cove’s leadership team and work closely with all functional leads (Product, Marketing, Operations).
This role reports directly to our General Manager, Cove.
You are the right person for this role if you are
- Operationally-minded but strategic — you can get in the details but also see the big picture
- Able to point to numerous examples in your career where you scoped and executed on complex cross-functional projects - from studying the core issues, to surveying the landscape, analyzing data and accounting for key inputs, proposing creative solutions, creating buy-in, and ultimately executing on the path forward
- Ruthlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean impactful insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- Driven by ownership - You thrive when you can own your work end to end and are unafraid to take on new challenges
- Naturally organized. You are able to effectively manage multiple work streams that span functions and stakeholders. You prioritize and re-prioritize regularly, based on a clear set of criteria.
- A force to be reckoned with, using resourcefulness and determination to complete projects and implement processes from start to finish
- A master communicator, able to motivate people, align interests, and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company
- A highly collaborative teammate with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Intellectually and impossibly curious — you may not be a specialist at everything you’re asked to do, but you have an unending desire to learn and become a wealth of knowledge
- Passionate about healthcare, migraine care and the delivery of a best-in-class patient experience
Some things you will work on
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives in Cove that lack a clear owner or require cross-functional project management, driving the work plan, milestones and execution of such projects
- Own Cove’s non-prescription product portfolio. You will be a “mini P&L” owner for Cove Beam and our subsequent non-prescription product launches. As such, you will drive the development of those products, coordinate their production, and work cross functionally to plan and execute their launch.
- Own internal Cove team processes, including OKR and quarterly planning processes and Board of Directors materials preparation; identify and execute solutions to fix current process gaps (e.g., working with data to create dashboard, make data more readily available)
- Conduct regular research of the migraine landscape, enabling the team to be fully up to date regarding the latest developments in the migraine space (therapies, research, standard of care changes)
- Continuously identify new opportunities to grow Cove, improve its operations and ways of collaborating. Articulate these opportunities create buy-in to execute against them
You should have:
- 5-7+ years of high-performance experience in ops management, consulting, or similar roles. Bonus points for experience at a fast growing healthcare and/or DTC company
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to use data analysis to build impactful insights. Expertise in Excel a must, knowledge of SQL a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor written and verbal communication to a specific audience. Mastery of powerpoint/google slides is required.
- An ability to quickly get up to speed on new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- A passion for improving healthcare and for creating superior patient experiences
- MBA is a plus, but not required
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it's a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.