About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
As a fast growing company, we are ingesting and generating ever increasing amounts of data. We’re looking for a talented Principal Data Engineer. This person will touch all aspects of the data operation, in particular, data infrastructure, to ensure a robust, efficient, and consistent foundation for enterprise consumption & application development.
How you will make an impact
- Work closely with data analysts, scientists and business partners to understand data requirements, availability and end use cases
- Architect data warehouse and design scheme structure with thoughtful approach to allow maximum flexibility in use cases with minimum overhead and maintenance
- Onboard data sources via streaming, batch files, APIs, and many others, from counterparties, data vendors, internal data sources, or publicly available data sources
- Build robust, scalable, and fault-tolerant ETL pipelines that allow flexibility and efficiency with minimum overhead and maintenance
- Responsible for data integrity and consistency and quality of new releases
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to junior data engineers of the team
- BS or above in computer science or information technology
- 7+ years of full-time professional experience in architecting, building and optimizing ETL pipelines and data warehouse to onboard and streamline data cleansing, transformation, standardization and aggregation processes with thoughtful design mindset centered around flexibility, robustness, computing efficiency and maintenance
- Hands-on proficiency in SQL and data engineering libraries in at least one scripting language e.g. Python along with a deep understanding of the underlying algorithm and execution efficiency
- Proven track record of owning data integrity and QA, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Expert at data modeling and system design
- Comfort in working in a fast-paced environment with moving targets and changing priorities
- Proven ability to speak both business and technology, and effectively liaison with both teams
Nice to Have
- Direct experiences with dbt, prefect, Snowflake and Looker is a plus
- Hands-on experiences with web analytics, 3rd party augmentation data, and A/B testing is a plus
- Hands-on experiences with clinical data and / or pharmacy / medical claims data is a plus
- Experience in hosting, provisioning and maintaining database servers in cloud environment, preferably AWS, is a plus
- Professional Experience as a full-stack software engineer is a plus
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it's a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.