About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
This is an opportunity to join at the beginning stages of a business in start-up mode. We’re quickly accelerating as we find product/market fit and execute against our long-term vision. We’re looking for a data-driven, customer-obsessed Director of Operations to define and resolve the complex challenges facing our business. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a business that will impact millions of patients.
In this role, you’ll be a core member of the Evens leadership team. Our intent is to be the primary destination for GI patients. You’ll be responsible for creating and executing on a roadmap to continue integrating Evens into the existing healthcare ecosystem and the way that patients currently manage their care to deliver a more effective patient experience across GI conditions including GERD, IBS, and IBD.
The ideal candidate is energetic, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and steadfast about raising the bar. They’ll have experience across the operating within the healthcare environment, having worked with physicians, specialists, payors, and/or pharmaceutical partners. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our care is never, ever sacrificed.
This role reports to our GM of Evens.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- An operational wizard and versatile problem solver who gets stuff done. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Excited about the potential to impact the GI space and how we can provide broader access to specialist level care and drive positive outcomes for patients
- Able to blend your healthcare experience with operational expertise to push forward the care-delivery model for Evens
- Data-driven - you thrive in being able to gather and analyze data to make informed decisions to drive your projects forward
- Communicative, collaborative, and comfortable giving and receiving feedback from the rest of the team and our customers
- Not afraid of change. Comfortable enough to leverage the data that you uncover to continue to develop your point of view
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to drive meaningful results!
Some things you will work on:
- Own the strategic vision behind the Evens business model. This could include partnerships, new distribution channels, or new patient acquisition strategies
- Work closely with the General Manager to test and validate hypotheses, which will include identifying additional growth opportunities, leading research, defining a testing plan, determining the necessary internal and external partners, and driving an initiative through to launch
- Identify the strategy and leading the development of the clinical offerings of the business that will allow Evens to address the needs of patients across the GI spectrum
- Develop and own key relationships with external partners & clinicians in the healthcare system, including pharmaceutical partners and medical centers to continue to drive the Evens model forward
- Support key internal Evens team processes, including OKR and quarterly planning and board of directors materials preparation
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience overall, including 2+ years as a hands-on operator, with prior experience in consulting, operations, or similar roles
- Healthcare experience working in an operating capacity with physicians, payors, hospital systems, or telehealth is required
- A data-driven mentality and a bias to action
- An ability to quickly master new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- A passion for healthcare and the desire to drive positive outcomes for our patients!
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it's a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.