About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Are you passionate about the ongoing transformation of healthcare delivery through technology? Thirty Madison’s platform is the core infrastructure of our specialized care model. Comprised of functions such as supply chain, pharmacy, medical operations, and customer experience, our platform offers strategic support for all of our healthcare businesses as they grow. Over the next few years, our platform will expand to encompass additional services and solutions that meet the needs of both internal and external partners.
We’re looking for a Senior Strategy & Operations Manager to help define, scale, and build out our platform operations. This role will report directly to our VP, Operations, and work closely with department leads and their business unit counterparts. Responsibilities will include helping to scope and own the development of new platform capabilities, supporting the documentation and dissemination of Thirty Madison best practices for existing functions, and serving as a strategic thought partner across the organization. This role is based in New York, with location flexibility in the near term.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- Operationally-minded but strategic — you can get in the details but also see the big picture
- Highly collaborative but not afraid to have hard conversations
- Comfortable using data to develop a point-of-view — and open to whatever change that data reveals
- Able to build, manage, and complete sophisticated work plans for new cross-functional initiatives
- Intellectually and impossibly curious — you may not be a specialist at everything you’re asked to do, but you have an unending desire to learn and become a wealth of knowledge
- Good at “selling” an idea or process internally with multiple partners
- A thoughtful listener who is interested in capturing information before making decisions
- Able to adapt quickly while balancing multiple priorities and delivering a high-quality output
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a strong bias for action
- Passionate about healthcare and improving the delivery of care through scaling innovative solutions
- Looking to be a partof a thriving team, take initiative, and get results; willing and able to step out of your “core” role and flex in new areas as business need demands
Some things you will work on:
- Serve as thought partner to Platform functional area leads as they evolve, grow, and expand their departments
- Help identify, develop, and implement new platform team capabilities that enable our businesses to provide better care more optimally and efficiently
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to ensure that our technical platform grows in tandem with our operations
- Partner with your business counterparts to ensure support on both day-to-day operations as well as on special performance improvement projects
- Support creation of new policies, processes, and documentation, including implementation and maintenance of the platform wiki
- Own internal platform team processes, including weekly reporting, OKR and quarterly planning processes and Board of Directors materials preparation
- Manage a range of critical projects to help us build a scalable infrastructure that enables our quality and affordable healthcare model
You should have:
- Cross-functional operational and analytical work experience in a sophisticated or high-growth environment (healthcare strongly preferred)
- A true growth demeanor (it’s your superpower!) and the ability and desire to operate consistently outside of your comfort zone
- Some experience “selling,” whether in a sales role or in a role where you needed to gain internal consensus to move forward
- Confirmed data retrieval, analytics, and presentation skills. You should know how to tell a story with data and insights
- The ability to zoom in and out (oscillating between tactical and strategic) and context-switch with ease
- The desire to help drive positive health outcomes for our customers
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it's a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.