About Thirty Madison
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison, a fast-growing company with the simple belief that everyone deserves access to specialized healthcare treatment. With a recent Series B raise of $47 million and established healthcare investors like Polaris, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, and Maveron, Thirty Madison is well positioned to continue expanding on their mission. By launching customer-centric brands built around each specific chronic medical condition, we’re able to bring the specialist experience directly into people’s homes with online doctor consultations, treatment delivery, and ongoing support through resources like our symptom trackers.
After launching Keeps, Cove, and Evens in two short years, we're hard at work preparing our next brand to launch. Every time we launch a new brand, we get smarter and better at delivering high-quality healthcare to our customers. We’re constantly learning from our existing brands to strengthen our new brands, rapidly pushing ourselves to improve the customer experience and raise the standard of care our customers receive.
Keeps, the first business from Thirty Madison, launched in January 2018 with the mission of being the best place for guys to take action to stop hair loss. Fast forward three years, and Keeps is scaling revenue at a record pace, has helped hundreds of thousands of guys keep their hair, and as of 2020, has become the biggest DTC brand in the men’s hair loss space. Keeps has huge ambitions to be the best men’s hair loss brand in the world, and we are looking for a strategic and creative Director of Brand Marketing to help us achieve that goal.
The Director of Brand Marketing will be a key leader on the Keeps marketing team. You will drive awareness, brand loyalty, and manage a growing creative and brand team while partnering with members of Growth, Product and Customer Experience.
The right candidate will know how to communicate and work with data-minded marketers while being a key stakeholder and creative mind within the team. You’ll know how to execute on ideas in a tangible way while driving the aspirations of the Keeps brand to a new level.
This role reports to our VP of Marketing.
You’re the right person for this role if
- You’re a true brand marketing expert--you have demonstrated experience building a brand that is truly differentiated and wins in the market
- You’re a proven creative and strategic problem solver who knows how to grow a business by building a memorable brand and engaging customer experiences
- You are a results-oriented leader, who uses data to measure the impact of a company’s brand and brand campaigns, marrying the art and science of brand marketing
- You’re an excellent and organized communicator who enjoys managing up and across several different teams, with competing priorities, to get the job done
- You love partnering with Growth and Product teams to drive forward cross-functional initiatives that achieve collective goals (including revenue and engagement targets, in addition to brand-specific KPIs)
- You love leading a team and mentoring more junior team members
- You are innately curious to learn, pick up new skills quickly and bring your takeaways back to Keeps
- You thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven, always-changing environment!
- Drive the vision for the Keeps brand, lead the implementation of the brand across all touchpoints, and maintain brand guidelines
- Help us answer the most important questions, including how does the Keeps brand win an increasingly crowded market, and how does the brand evolve over time to support the growth of the Keeps business?
- Launch the company’s first set of broad brand awareness campaigns--including the target audience, channels, positioning, messaging, and methodology to measure impact
- Leverage marketing insights and drive customer research to inform brand priorities, including overall brand positioning and creation of customer segments and personas
- Partner with Growth Marketing in the development of marketing campaigns to ensure brand voice is captured across all channels, balancing the imperatives of performance campaigns and brand initiatives
- Think strategically about partners for Keeps (e.g., DTC consumer brands) and execute on these potential brand partnerships
- Partner with the design team to elevate the visual identity of the brand in ways that are memorable and align with consumer and company values
- Manage the creative process and work across teams on the right structure for execution and learning
- Track societal and customer trends and develop strategies to maintain brand relevancy
- Work with the VP of Marketing to determine the right metrics to track for brand awareness
- 10+ years of consumer brand management and marketing experience; ideally including a mix of agency and startup environments
- Brand expertise with demonstrated brand strategy experience (e.g. brand architecture, brand identity work)
- Experience with establishing and scaling consumer or consumer health brands
- Experience and genuine interest in leading a junior team
- Genuine curiosity about healthcare, chronic conditions and/or men’s hair loss!
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to mandatory work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
We have rolled out a bunch of initiatives to ensure we are helping our team successfully navigate these unchartered waters. This has included money for the home office, medical reimbursements, free Calm meditation/mindfulness app membership, Me Days and Summer Fridays where the whole team is off at once (so no one falls behind), and weekly wrap meetings to “end the week.”
Are we done? No, and that is why we created a Future of the Office Committee to continue to push us to create the right benefits, tools, programs and processes to best support our employees as we continue 100% work from home and for when we eventually start to transition back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.