About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
Keeps, the first business from Thirty Madison, launched in January 2018 with the mission of being the best place for guys to take action to stop hair loss. Fast forward three years, and Keeps is scaling revenue at a record pace, has helped hundreds of thousands of guys keep their hair, and as of 2020, has become the biggest DTC brand in the men’s hair loss space. Keeps has huge ambitions to be the best brand in the world, and we are looking for an analytical and strategic Business Operations Lead to optimize and scale key aspects of the next stage of growth.
In this role, you will partner across the Keeps and Thirty Madison organizations, from medical operations to marketing to product to supply chain, to own and advance critical projects on the Keeps roadmap. The ideal candidate is strategic and able to quickly identify the core drivers of our business. This individual will be a tactical executor who can deliver results leading sophisticated cross-functional initiatives. You should be analytical, resourceful, organized, and results-oriented. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This role will provide a unique opportunity for someone to develop operational skills vital to building an innovative, outstanding business within the healthcare space.
This role reports to the GM of Keeps.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- An operational wizard and versatile problem solver who gets stuff done. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Able to easily move between big picture thinking and tactical execution - you’re equally at ease in high level brainstorming sessions on driving market differentiation through business model innovations as you are at optimizing a compensation model to drive the right incentives
- Comfortable optimizing and improving an existing framework but not afraid to start from scratch and build something from the ground up
- Naturally organized. You are able to successful run multiple work streams that span functions and stakeholders
- A force to be reckoned with, using resourcefulness and determination to complete projects and implement processes from start to finish
- A master communicator, able to empower people, align interests, and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company
- A teammate with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
Some things you will work on:
- Serve as primary business partner with our medical operations organization, driving innovations to our care model
- Collaborate with our CX organization to identify and then execute opportunities to improve the customer experience and improve CX productivity as a revenue-driver within the business
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that today lack a clear owner (such as new product launches), driving precise execution across teams such as marketing, product, supply chain, and CX
- Support Keeps GM and other partners (Director of Strategy & Business Development) in assessing the overall Keeps business model and identifying and executing opportunities to innovate and expand the business model
- Own internal Keeps team processes, including OKR and quarterly planning processes and Board of Directors materials preparation; identify and execute solutions to fix current process gaps within Keeps and the Thirty Madison Platform (shared services) teams
- A variety of other critical projects across our businesses with the goal of building a scalable infrastructure that enables us to provide high quality and affordable healthcare to millions of customers across the country and the world
You should have:
- 7+ years of high-performance experience in ops management, consulting, or similar role. Bonus points for experience at a healthcare and/or DTC company
- Strong analytical skills with proven track record of using data analysis to build impactful insights. Expertise in Excel required, knowledge of SQL a strong plus
- Validated experience building and scaling sophisticated operational processes across multiple functional areas
- Preparedness to quickly get up to speed on new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the capacity to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- An eye for detail as well as the propensity to zoom out and see the bigger picture
- Strong project management prowess with the ability to lead multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Willingness to travel to vendor and operational locations away from HQ
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great healthcare (obviously)
- Regular team building activities
- Budget for the technology tools you need
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
- As an early hire on a close-knit team, we want you to help shape the company’s culture and future
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.