About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
Cove is a telemedicine platform that is entirely dedicated to migraine treatment and management. With Cove, patients can connect with a doctor via a secure messaging platform and receive the migraine treatment plan that’s right for them and get their medication delivered directly to their door. Cove offers 20+ migraine treatments, including prescription medications, over-the-counter treatments, and dietary supplements.
There’s not a better time to join Cove. The platform launched in 2018 and is growing rapidly. It’s the second brand from Thirty Madison (thirtymadison.com), the human-first health company bringing specialized care and treatment to everyone. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, and right-sized plans that fit their needs, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
Cove fills an important gap in migraine care and offers the convenience so many migraine sufferers have lacked. We have enthusiastic customers who love our brand, are constantly expanding our product portfolio and working on exciting partnerships
About the Position
We are looking for a data-driven, performance marketing leader to generate new customer growth, effectively test and scale digital and offline acquisition channels, and optimize the marketing mix for maximum return on investment. This position requires someone who can use their keen combination of creativity and outstanding analytical skills to understand the customer and the customer journey, design smart high-impact testing agendas, analyze results, and quickly implement findings to drive meaningful growth. The right candidate innately understands the power of brand and organic marketing while simultaneously deploying paid media best practices in performance lead generation and advertising.
This role will report into the VP of Marketing, Cove.
What you’ll do
- Oversee Performance Marketing: Build multi-channel marketing strategies, optimizing the efficiency of channels, creatives, and messaging. Create aggressive testing frameworks, calendars and processes to enable ongoing improvements. Drive budget allocation between channels and lead campaign specific optimizations for conversion. Expertise in paid social is a requirement -- from strategy to tactical execution to analysis. Other channels include paid search, display, retargeting, affiliate,, paid influencers, audio, and emerging sources of business.
- Lead creative strategy: Combine creativity and analytics to produce winning marketing assets that improve performance - from social ads to scripts to video production (and more). Use consumer insights, result history and competitive audits to create detailed, insightful briefs for internal and external teams; collaborate on the execution. A deep understanding of and empathy for the Cove customer will be critical to success in this area.
- Drive Innovation: Identify, test and scale high-impact, new and emerging digital channels as well as out-of-the box ideas. Collaborate cross-functionally to find places to innovate in acquisition and conversion optimization for meaningful growth. Track relevant market conditions and competitive trends, using insights to shape future plans. Work with our pharma partners on their digital marketing strategies. Drive new product launch strategies.
- Test, Measure & Iterate: Manage the marketing calendar. Ideate and help to build out A/B testing initiatives both on- and off-site (creative, copy, landing pages, etc). Work closely with our Creative and product teams, providing recommendations to optimize performance and validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers.
- Budgeting, Reporting & Forecasting: Establish new customer, revenue and expense targets for all marketing efforts. Develop and maintain reports that track efficacy of marketing efforts and spend to drive better decisions. Communicate performance to internal leadership and partners to promote shared understanding of performance marketing strategy, return on investment, and opportunities.
How you will do it
- Outstanding Analytical Skills: You will have demonstrated experience interpreting data and deriving impactful insights. You are hands-on, data-driven in order to prioritize initiatives, measure results, iterate when necessary, and support business cases. You can easily translate complicated data into relevant insights that can explain business trends and impact on future outcomes
- Data Driven Solutions: Define data needs with engineering to ensure accurate and timely data capabilities used in customer analysis, recurring dashboards and any other customer and transactional needs.
- Sense of Ownership: You should possess a penchant for taking responsibility for a project from design to implementation and show pride in your work. You are a self-starter and a team leader, someone who can operate independently with little direction but knows when to raise issues.
- Leadership, Collaboration & Influence: You think “team first” with the ability to work cross-functionally – all while articulating a point of view respectfully with tact, and simultaneously selling in your ideas with thoughtful data. You lead by example and your actions speak louder than your words.
- Desire to Win: You are proactive and energetic, constantly thinking of ways to positively and significantly affect the business. You are forward-looking, never complacent with the status-quo. You’re not afraid to fail and readily learn from your mistakes.
Other requirements & considerations
- 7+ years minimum experience in driving acquisition and growth Expertise in paid social strategies and tactics. Has previously served as a social media manager, owning the end-to-end process.
- DTC start-up experience, managing budgets of $500k+ monthly.
- Experience building and scaling different acquisition channels, across online and offline. Can identify the right channels for scalable growth.
- Experience in growth forecasting and attribution modeling. Ability to build and improve multi-channel growth models through advanced analytics.
- Ability to lead but will also roll up sleeves and dig in
- Prior management experience is a requirement, vendor management also critical.
- Keen interest in how brands build awareness with customers, deliver highly efficient customer acquisition and measure performance in the consumer facing digital world
- Strong working knowledge of marketing tools and tech. In-depth experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ad Manager & Google Analytics. Experience with database structures and data tools like Looker is a plus.
- Comfort with a fluid environment. The job description captures general responsibilities, but we are a fast growing company and there are many opportunities to grow in this role towards more ownership.
- Bachelor's degree required.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.