About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
While our businesses are distinct, they each benefit from the resources of an underlying software platform, which includes a foundation of capabilities that stretches across businesses, and universally powers how we deliver care. We’re looking for a technical Senior Product Manager with B2B and healthcare experience to own planning, delivery, and rollout of platform initiatives in service of the complex challenges facing our businesses. This includes the technical products that enable our businesses to offer recurring prescription delivery, diverse eCommerce experiences, and custom patient care workflows.
Our businesses have a dynamic product roadmap that ranges from reimagining pharmacy operations to enabling our CX team to deliver the perfect customer experience, and you will be at the nexus of those efforts. You will work cross-functionally with operations, CX, engineering, and business-focused product teams to build and execute against a roadmap for our platform that enables us to deliver a high quality of care and seamless experience to millions of customers across our different businesses. To accomplish this, you should be comfortable leading workstreams around product planning, project management, and feature brainstorming.
The ideal candidate has healthcare experience as well as experience working with APIs and technical platforms. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to build a critical piece of the Thirty Madison patient care model that powers businesses changing the way people treat chronic conditions.
This role reports to the VP of Product, Platform.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- A technical expert, eager to work with different technologies, and able to understand complex data flows
- A strategic thinker with healthcare experience that has a want and willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big)
- Data-driven and analytical. You always try to back product decisions with data, but feel comfortable driving decisions when data may not be available
- Customer-obsessed: You care deeply about building the right experience for our customer, don’t miss an opportunity to seek their feedback, and care about every touch point we have
- Thrive in ambiguity. We’re quickly learning and iterating and are still working to rewrite the healthcare experience for our customers
- Own a product roadmap for Thirty Madison’s core platform and execute against that roadmap to deliver business impact
- Translate the upcoming product roadmap into clear requirement documents and feature specs
- Scope MVPs and work with engineers to estimate feature delivery timelines, define milestones, and allocate resources accordingly
- Coordinate with Product Managers, CX, Ops, and other stakeholders to ensure successful product rollout, communication, and adoption
- Work with product design on user testing, and brainstorming new features
- 5+ years of work experience, including 3+ years of product management (ideally in B2B or SaaS environment)
- Knowledge and experience building products that offer/consume APIs or SDKs
- Experience with healthcare
- Proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools
- Passion to improve healthcare by building innovative, mission-driven products!
- Experience as a Product Manager on a platform product
- Background or experience in data analytics/data science/predictive analytics
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.