About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
About the Position
Thirty Madison is looking for a Senior Press and Communications Lead to tell our story externally and internally. This person will be specifically tasked with building relationships with reporters to ensure ongoing coverage of Thirty Madison as well as its individual brands. You’ll partner closely with the marketing teams on each brand to understand the opportunities and make sure you’re putting together the best possible campaign.
When it comes to internal communications, you’ll work closely with the leadership team to ensure that our fast-growing company — with three distinct brand and growing — understands what’s happening across the various departments, how it’ll impact them, and where they can have a bigger impact on our company’s success.
You’re the right person for this role if:
- You’re inspired by our mission to increase access to healthcare and use press to drive awareness about how we can best help people take control of their chronic conditions
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work on several different brands at once and are known for being able to successfully execute several campaigns at once.
- You’re not discouraged by “no’s” and instead use them to learn how we can better pitch to the right reporters at the right time.
- You’re taking a look at our current messaging across Thirty Madison’s social media profiles and think you can do a better job at building out our employer branding.
- You’re just as excited about executing — such as cold outreach and filling out award submissions — as you are about collaborating cross-functionally to find “hidden in plain sight” stories.
- You’re familiar with the intersection of press coverage, affiliate marketing, and SEO.
Some things you'll work on:
- Creating and executing a PR and communications strategy to build stronger brand awareness for individual brands as well as Thirty Madison
- Building relationships with reporters to understand what they’re looking for in pitches and what we can offer them.
- Doing cold outreach to consumer press via outlets like HARO, looking for both big and small opportunities to feature Keeps, Cove, Evens, and our department leaders
- Managing inbound requests as well doing cold outreach via outlets like HARO.
- Creating press and communications infrastructure to enable scalable pitching as we launch more brands. This could include writing bios for leadership, updating press kits, and maintaining an updated conference calendar.
- Writing press releases as needed as well as anything else required to launch a successful campaign.
- Working closely with our SEO team, affiliate team, and social media team to develop a collaborative strategy that meets goals across all the brands.
- Running employer branding across Thirty Madison’s social media platforms, including LinkedIn and Medium.
- Driving internal communications which will evolve but currently includes writing our weekly company newsletter, creating presentations for our company meetings, and soliciting feedback from members of the team to better understand what they need to know and when they need to know it.
You should have:
- 8+ years in a public relations role, preferably at a e-commerce or healthcare startup, with strong contacts at industry leading outlets
- Amazing communication and writing skills across all channels, including email, Slack, social media, and press releases.
- The desire to develop a campaign strategy and then get in the weeds and execute against it, making sure that every part of it is optimized for success.
- Attention to detail and an understanding that every word matters.
- The passion to build a brand from the ground up (bonus points for having done so in the past)
- Experience project managing and working cross-functionally across teams and levels to get the information you need.
- A proactive, scrappy attitude and an understanding that there’s always something you can be doing while you’re waiting to hear back from reporters.
- Familiarity with affiliate marketing, SEO, internal comms, and/or social media is a big plus.
- Overall interest in a non-traditional public relations role that’ll evolve with the company
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.