About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
You're here because you care about the people just as much as you care about the business and changing healthcare for the better. As a People Business Partner you will be a key leader for people development and programs across the company, working closely with the senior leaders, people managers and team members.
We are expanding our People team to meet the growing and high level expectations of the organization. Having a talented and agile Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of a fast growth and ever changing environment will be crucial for our long term success. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams and processes that scale. This strategic and trusted advisor should be someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it. In true start-up fashion, this individual will have the opportunity to build and implement programs and processes from scratch with substantial impact.
This role reports to our Head of People
What will you work on?
- Partner across the organization to help run and improve all key People processes and programs, which include areas like onboarding, career planning, performance management, development, compensation, benefits, reward and recognition, and employee engagement.
- Coach current and new employees in their development, career pathing and ability to navigate and resolve tricky challenges.
- Help create and drive development curriculum to make our outstanding team even stronger, from first time or seasoned managers to individual contributors looking to expand their skills.
- Be a strong DEI leader to ensure we infuse and drive diversity and inclusive practices throughout our culture, programs and day to day activities. You will partner heavily with the DEI committee and the rest of the People team.
- Identify opportunities to use technology and automation wherever you see inefficiencies to make everyone's lives easier and enhance overall communication between teams.
- 5+ years of HR and business experience
- Self-aware with a strong ability to build trusting & productive relationships
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal & written
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively
- A natural people person that everyone feels comfortable being around (even on zoom!)
Nice to haves
- Experience working at a startup and on a lean People team
- Flexibility to work on any initiative, even if not listed on this JD
- Strong analytical skills as we us data to help drive certain decisions
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.