About Thirty Madison
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison, a fast-growing company with the simple belief that everyone deserves access to specialized healthcare treatment. With a recent Series B raise of $47 million and established healthcare investors like Polaris, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, and Maveron, Thirty Madison is well positioned to continue expanding on their mission. By launching customer-centric brands built around each specific chronic medical condition, we’re able to bring the specialist experience directly into people’s homes with online doctor consultations, treatment delivery, and ongoing support through resources like our symptom trackers.
After launching Keeps, Cove, and Evens in two short years, we're hard at work preparing our next brand to launch. Every time we launch a new brand, we get smarter and better at delivering high-quality healthcare to our customers. We’re constantly learning from our existing brands to strengthen our new brands, rapidly pushing ourselves to improve the customer experience and raise the standard of care our customers receive.
Thirty Madison’s mission is to make specialized care and treatment accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we have developed a novel approach to healthcare delivery that combines the best of specialized care with the convenience of telehealth and treatment delivery. As we continue to expand our current offerings and launch new therapeutic areas in more complex conditions, accepting health benefits and developing alternative coverage models will have a meaningful impact on ensuring that the maximum number of people have access to care from Thirty Madison. We are looking for a world-class and seasoned healthcare executive to serve as VP, Payor Strategy & Business Development to lead this initiative and build a payor organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for both driving the strategy and execution for how Thirty Madison should engage and build innovative relationships with a broad range of players in the payor space, ranging from PBMs to insurers and self-insured employers, to HSA providers, as well as leading outreach and negotiation of contracting. You will use your extensive payor network to connect and work with partners to understand how Thirty Madison can both integrate with and revolutionize traditional payor business models. You will work closely with the General Managers who run each business unit to build outside-the-box ideas for how payor relationships can enable broader reach and sustainable economics for their businesses. As the leader of our payor organization, you will be responsible for building a team that can source, close, and manage partnerships across the payor landscape, expanding access to a seamless and delightful healthcare experience for millions of customers across Thirty Madison’s businesses.
The ideal candidate has experience within a leading payor or PBM. You are an expert networker and seasoned negotiator who is able to context-switch with ease and demonstrates a mastery of both the strategy and sales aspects of payor relations. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive, resourceful, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
This role reports to the President.
You’re the right person for this role, if you are:
- An established leader, with deep expertise in payor business models, contracting, and leading teams across multiple functions within the payor landscape
- Able to call upon an extensive network within the payor space to source and execute on partnerships
- Passionate about expanding access to healthcare by expanding coverage to Thirty Madison’s care delivery model
- An innovator who can take our novel approach to healthcare and think through new payment models and partnerships that change the way care is paid for in this country
- A seasoned negotiator, able to get the best deals even when sitting across from significantly larger organizations
- A veteran manager, having successfully led multiple teams spanning a range of experience levels
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Relentlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean actionable insights from data, yet unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
Some things you will work on:
- Develop innovative payor and business model strategies that enable Thirty Madison to expand access and build sustainable businesses across multiple therapeutic areas
- Leverage your network to source and lead business development processes with PBMs, payors, benefit consultants, health systems, etc
- Partner closely with General Managers to identify how benefits expansion can widen the reach and performance of Thirty Madison brands and then build and execute against a plan to meet those needs
- Lead negotiations and contracting in partnership with our General Counsel
- Collaborate with internal pharmacy and clinical leadership to ensure favorable and attractive reimbursement rates
- Build and lead our payor organization, encompassing functions ranging from strategy to sales to implementation
You should have:
- 15+ years of high-performance payor execution experience, working with or at a national payor, regional Blue, or PBM
- Extensive experience with negotiating and contracting in the payor space
- Deep knowledge of payor economics and business models, and how innovations such as telemedicine, disease management, and remote monitoring will impact the future of reimbursement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Ability to champion, lead, and mentor a team
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to mandatory work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
We have rolled out a bunch of initiatives to ensure we are helping our team successfully navigate these unchartered waters. This has included money for the home office, medical reimbursements, free Calm meditation/mindfulness app membership, Me Days and Summer Fridays where the whole team is off at once (so no one falls behind), and weekly wrap meetings to “end the week.”
Are we done? No, and that is why we created a Future of the Office Committee to continue to push us to create the right benefits, tools, programs and processes to best support our employees as we continue 100% work from home and for when we eventually start to transition back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.