About Thirty Madison
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison, a fast-growing company with the simple belief that everyone deserves access to specialized healthcare treatment. By launching customer-centric brands built around each specific chronic medical condition, we’re able to bring the specialist experience directly into people’s homes with online doctor consultations, treatment delivery, and ongoing support through resources like our symptom trackers.
Keeps launched in January 2018 and is already a recognized leader in the hair loss space. Cove launched in December 2018 to serve migraine sufferers and is growing rapidly, and Evens, the first brand for acid reflux, launched in September 2019. Now, just two years later, we’re already hard at work preparing our next brand to launch. Every time we launch a new brand, we get smarter and better at delivering high-quality healthcare to our customers.
Thirty Madison’s mission is to make specialized care and treatment accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we have developed a novel approach to healthcare delivery that combines the best of specialized care with the convenience of telehealth and treatment delivery. A major focus of this innovation will be further integrating our mail-order pharmacy operations into our care delivery model, which will have a meaningful impact on improving the patient experience and driving superior outcomes. As we establish our first in-house pharmacy, we are looking for a world-class and seasoned pharmacy leader to serve as Senior Director, Pharmacy to build and lead this department.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a vision for pharmacy as a core component of the Thirty Madison platform and then turn that vision into a reality. You will work closely with functional leaders across our centralized infrastructure teams and serve as a partner to the General Managers who run each business unit on how pharmacy can enable superior patient care. You will be responsible for delivering operational excellence and exceptional patient experiences, scaling a seamless and delightful healthcare experience for millions of customers across Thirty Madison’s businesses.
The ideal candidate has experience leading and scaling pharmacy strategy and operations within a fast-paced and complex organization. You are an experienced people manager who is able to context-switch with ease and demonstrates a mastery of both the clinical and business aspects of pharmacy. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive, resourceful, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
This role reports to the VP, Operations.
You’re the right person for this role, if you are:
- An established pharmacy leader, having successfully scaled and managed high-volume pharmacies, preferably in the mail-order space
- Passionate about enabling pharmacists to operate at the top of their license to uplevel patient care for chronic conditions
- Interested in innovating both the clinical and business sides of pharmacy and care delivery - you’re equally excited to identify new touchpoints for pharmacists to better serve patients as you are to build a sustainable pharmacy business
- Tech-savvy, and eager to leverage technology to improve and optimize the pharmacy experience
- A veteran manager, having successfully led multiple teams spanning a range of experience levels and locations
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Relentlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean actionable insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
Some things you will work on:
- Own the development and implementation of pharmacy strategy at Thirty Madison, including the buildout and operationalization of our first pharmacy in Texas
- Recruit and lead a world-class team of pharmacists and technicians
- Design and implement the patient experience for Thirty Madison pharmacies, enabling our team of pharmacists to play an essential role in care delivery
- Work with General Managers to understand the pharmacy needs of each Thirty Madison business and lead the building of capabilities to meet those needs
- Partner with product managers and engineers to scope and deploy Thirty Madison’s pharmacy software
- Increase the efficiency of pharmacy operations by implementing innovative processes that improve output while maintaining the highest quality and safety standards
- Work with business development to secure PBM contracts that enable relevant Thirty Madison brands to accept insurance
- Establish policies and procedures and ensure the pharmacies comply with local, state, and federal regulations
You should have:
- 12+ years of high-performance experience in pharmacy management. Bonus points for experience at a large mail-order operation
- PharmD and current, unrestricted pharmacist license in at least one state
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling complex operational processes and teams, preferably across multiple pharmacy locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Willingness to champion, lead, and mentor a team of pharmacists and technicians
- Interest and passion for changing the landscape of pharmacy practice
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion