About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is rebuilding the healthcare experience for the modern consumer. Keeps is our first brand, a full-service solution for hair loss. We next launched Cove, a direct-to-consumer offering helping migraine sufferers get the personalized, affordable care they need. Now we’ve launched our third brand, Evens, which treats acid reflux. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, right-sized plans that fit their needs (and their wallets), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
You will have the opportunity to be a generalist or specialist based on your interest and rapidly become a key part of a lean, but powerful and very fast-moving engineering team.
- Be a senior technical leader for the engineering organization in guiding full stack, cross functional initiatives including a move towards microservices, developing a next-gen frontend framework for new brands, and improving developer experience.
- As Director of Engineering, you will have the opportunity to manage a team of 5 - 10 people and work closely with them to build out career pathing through 1:1s, performance reviews, and advocating for raises and promotions.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to develop a strong engineering culture at Thirty Madison that embodies our mission of delivering modern, high quality, and accessible health care services.
- Lead our resourcing, recruiting, and hiring processes by establishing best practices and training team members to be effective interviewers.
- Mentor and coach software engineers through 1:1s and performance evaluations.
- Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help effectively scale our products.
You’re the right person for this role if you:
- You are a positive, inspiring, and supportive leader; a nurturer of talent
- You have extensive experience over several years at different companies, leading and managing teams, including distributed teams
- You have been a part of shipping several successful products, ideally across domains
- You know how to balance team morale, while continuing to execute against aggressive deadlines.
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders and pushing back on items that are not high priority.
- You are an excellent communicator and can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
- You have a track record of growing teams, understand the challenges, and have executed on proven solutions.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great healthcare.
- Regular team building activities.
- Budget for the technology tools you need.
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1000 vacation stipend.
- As an early hire on a close knit team, you will have the ability to help shape the company’s culture and future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.