About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a health company bringing specialized care and treatment to everyone. By connecting customers to medical expertise and diagnosis, personalized treatment plans that fit their needs (and their wallet), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes. Launching with Keeps, a men’s hair loss solution, followed by Cove, which focuses on migraines, and Evens, which treats acid reflux, we are continuously expanding our offering to find answers to chronic conditions.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
There’s not a better time to join the Thirty Madison team. Keeps is already a recognized leader in the hair loss space, Cove is growing rapidly, and Evens recently launched to address a massive market. We are looking for a strategy and operations-focused MBA Summer Associate to work on key projects related to growing and scaling our businesses and our core infrastructure.
Thirty Madison’s mission is to deliver high-quality specialized care that is both seamless and affordable. To accomplish this, we must find new ways of doing things within the incredibly complex and broken healthcare system. This requires a deep understanding of how healthcare works, the creativity and drive to do things differently, and the ability to execute on high-stakes initiatives. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects related to our individual businesses, using your background to help devise and execute on brand strategy, business development, marketing, and execution. You will also have the opportunity to work on projects related to Thirty Madison’s core infrastructure. These centralized functions, ranging from supply chain management, to pharmacy and medical operations, are essential to our ability to provide care delivery effectively and cost efficiently.
You will have a unique chance to engage and own tactical, detail-oriented workstreams, while also lending your expertise to bigger picture strategic issues. Some of your projects could range in topics from bringing new products to market, to analyzing a competitive landscape, to proposing new options for scaling pharmacy operations. This role will provide a special window into what it takes to grow and scale a consumer-focused healthcare company.
The ideal candidate is analytical, resourceful, organized, and results-oriented. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. We have multiple businesses that are scaling, and this is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to work at the forefront of innovation in healthcare and is looking for challenges that span functional and operational areas.
This role reports to the Co-Founder.
This is a paid 10-week internship at our HQ in NY from June to August 2020. All applicants must be available to work full-time during the program dates to be considered. Selected candidates will be considered for full-time post-graduation employment opportunities based on performance.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- A versatile problem solver who gets stuff done. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Able to effortlessly transition between big picture thinking and tactical execution - you’re equally at ease brainstorming brand strategy as you are putting together a financial model
- Ruthlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean actionable insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- Comfortable optimizing and improving existing frameworks but not afraid to start from scratch and build something from the ground up
- Naturally organized. You are able to effectively manage multiple work streams that span functions and stakeholders
- A force to be reckoned with, using resourcefulness and determination to complete projects and implement processes from start to finish
- A master communicator, able to motivate people, align interests, and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Be an MBA candidate from a top program, with expected graduation in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- Have pre-MBA experience in business strategy, consulting, investment banking, operations management, e-commerce, analytics, supply chain or other relevant fields. Bonus points for experience at a healthcare and/or DTC company
- Have strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to use data analysis to build actionable insights. Expertise in Excel and drafting presentations is a must
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Be able to get up to speed quickly on new areas and have a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Exhibit a strong ability to manage multiple workstreams from beginning to end and bring structure to undefined procedures
- Demonstrate passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Competitive summer associate compensation
- Unique insight into what it takes to grow and scale a rapidly expanding healthcare business
- Mentoring opportunities and leadership development
- Connections in the healthcare / start-up space
- Potential for full-time employment after graduation
- Regular team building activities
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.