There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. Keeps launched in January 2018 and is already a recognized leader in the hair loss space. Cove launched in December 2018 to serve migraine sufferers and is growing rapidly, and Evens, for acid reflux, launched in September 2019 (our third brand launch in two years).
While our individual businesses differ based on the condition being treated, they are all powered by a core infrastructure. These functions—ranging from CX and centralized marketing functions, to supply chain, pharmacy and medical operations—are vital to our ability to effectively provide a high standard of care. We are looking for a world-class leader and seasoned operations executive to serve as VP of Operations and lead the teams that make up this core infrastructure.
In this role, you will manage functional leaders across our core infrastructure, and serve as both a thought partner and operational partner to the GMs who run each business unit. You will be responsible for delivering operational excellence across the organization, enabling a seamless and delightful healthcare experience for millions of customers across Thirty Madison’s businesses.
The ideal candidate has experience leading and managing a broad scope of functions within a fast-paced and complex organization. You are skilled in operational excellence, ruthlessly process-driven, organized, analytical, and able to manage teams with diverse objectives. You must be able to context-switch with ease and demonstrate a mastery of new concepts and business models. As a senior manager, you must also be passionate about developing others and experienced at leading cross-functional teams.
While management of these teams requires big picture strategic thinking, it also requires a willingness to dive into the most nuanced details of operational tasks. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive, resourceful, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
This role reports to the President.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- A veteran manager, having successfully led multiple teams spanning a range of functions toward a shared goal
- An operational wizard and versatile problem solver who gets stuff done. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Seasoned in scoping, leading, and executing on complex operational projects - from studying the core issues, to surveying the landscape, analyzing data, proposing creative solutions, creating buy-in, and ultimately executing on the path forward
- Comfortable optimizing and improving an existing framework but not afraid to start from scratch and build something from the ground up
- Able to effortlessly transition between big picture thinking and tactical execution - you’re equally at ease in high level brainstorming sessions on build vs. buy decisions as you are at optimizing staff scheduling at a distribution center
- Relentlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean actionable insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- A master communicator, able to motivate people, align interests, and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company
- A force to be reckoned with, using resourcefulness and determination to complete projects and implement processes from start to finish
Some things you will work on:
- Lead vision and strategy development for Thirty Madison’s core infrastructure, working with functional leaders to guide execution around CX, supply chain, pharmacy operations, and our physician network
- Work with business unit teams to expand our integration with healthcare companies outside of the Thirty Madison ecosystem
- Manage the centralized marketing functions that are shared across business units, including partnerships, SEO, and external comms
- Lead process reviews and routinely present recommendations and operational considerations to leadership
- Provide coaching and mentorship to a number of senior team leaders who report into Core Operations
- A variety of other critical projects across our businesses with the goal of building a scalable infrastructure that enables us to provide high quality and affordable healthcare to millions of customers across the country
You should have:
- 15+ years of high-performance experience in operations management, consulting, e-commerce, supply chain, or similar role. Bonus points for experience at a healthcare and/or DTC company
- Extensive experience managing other managers and multiple teams
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to use data analysis to build actionable insights. Expertise in Excel and building presentations are a must, knowledge of data platforms is a strong plus
- Extensive experience developing and owning a budget
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling complex operational processes across multiple functional areas
- An ability to quickly master new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
About Thirty Madison:
Thirty Madison is rebuilding the healthcare experience for the modern consumer. Keeps is our first brand, a full-service solution for hair loss. We next launched Cove, a direct-to-consumer offering helping migraine sufferers get the personalized, affordable care they need. Now we’ve launched our third brand, Evens, which treats acid reflux. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, right-sized plans that fit their needs (and their wallets), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great healthcare (obviously)
- Regular team building activities
- Budget for the technology tools you need
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
- As an early hire on a close-knit team, we want you to help shape the company’s culture and future
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion