Keeps, launched January 2018, is the first brand from Thirty Madison. We’ve experienced rocketship growth, and we estimate we’ve saved our customers $50MM on annual hair loss treatments since launch. We deeply know and respect our customer, and we’re obsessive about building for him.
You’ll keep our customers first as you develop and iterate on the best ways for them to interact with our products. We build products that healthcare consumers can truly love, and they need to come first.
We’re looking for a product designer who puts users first to create thoughtful experiences from their first touch point with our brand (acquisition) through their entire lifecycle (retention). This role is essential for the support of growth, product, and engineering teams.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating experiences for Keeps and delivering beautifully designed digital products with best-in-class performance. You’ll keep our customers first as you develop and iterate on the best ways for them to interact with our products. We build products that healthcare consumers can truly love, and they need to come first. You’ll collaborate with internal product, engineering, and growth teams to grow Keeps’ experience to its full potential.
The ideal candidate is energetic, creative, detail-oriented, and relentless about raising the bar. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our message is never, ever sacrificed.
This role reports to our Head of Design.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- A creative problem-solver with a want and willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big)
- Obsessed with creating the best possible journeys for your users, all the way from user flows to beautiful, fully fleshed out visual designs
- Able to think across (and execute within) holistic design systems
- Fluent in user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, and responsive design
- Data-driven. You value metrics and performance as well as design trends. You want to make things that aren’t just beautiful, but deliver results
- Communicative, collaborative, and comfortable giving and receiving feedback from the rest of the product team and our users
- Thorough and detail-oriented across all things you touch
- A self starter with a strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to drive meaningful results
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- Comfortable juggling multiple design initiatives and prioritizing work effectively
- Excited about working in an agile workflow
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Obsessed with great customer relationships, and adding to those through design.
Some things you will work on:
- Own the end-to-end product design process of major Keeps features
- Elevate users’ experience with Keeps through expanding and refining our digital experiences
- Work to understand user behavior through user testing and research, and analyze the findings from these explorations to implement changes across Thirty Madison digital product
- Taking experiences from concept, to wireframes, to fully fleshed out designs. Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly to validate product direction
- Take insights from metrics and user feedback and adjust digital products accordingly.
- Partner closely with members of Product, Engineering, and Growth to create innovative but practical solutions to design and business challenges
- Give and solicit feedback from other Designers, Product Managers and Engineers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
- Experiment through prototyping, testing, and iteration to build the best possible brand experience
You should have:
- 4+ years of relevant product design experience, ideally at a consumer-focused, product-driven company
- Proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in prototyping (inVision, Marvel, etc)
- Strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- A portfolio that showcases relevant product design work (bonus points if you’ve worked on conversion funnels)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Passion for the Keeps mission: helping more guys access affordable, approachable, high-quality healthcare
- Eagerness to join an early-stage startup and build it from the ground up
- An interest in human-first design
About Thirty Madison:
Thirty Madison is rebuilding the healthcare experience for the modern consumer. Keeps is our first brand, a full-service solution for hair loss. We next launched Cove, a direct-to-consumer offering helping migraine sufferers get the personalized, affordable care they need. Now we’ve launched our third brand, Evens, which treats acid reflux. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, right-sized plans that fit their needs (and their wallets), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great healthcare (obviously)
- Regular team building activities
- Budget for the technology tools you need
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
- As an early hire on a close-knit team, we want you to help shape the company’s culture and future
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.