Keeps, the first business and brand from Thirty Madison, launched in January 2018 with the mission of being the best place for guys to get educated about and take action to stop hair loss. We make it easy and convenient for a guy to consult online with an expert physician; get clinically proven and FDA-approved hair loss treatments delivered directly to his door; and receive ongoing guidance and care. Keeps quickly validated product-market fit, has been scaling revenue growth at a record clip, and has helped hundreds of thousands of guys keep their hair. We are looking for a customer-obsessed, data-driven, and well-rounded VP Marketing to drive this exciting next stage in Keeps’ growth.
The VP Marketing will define and drive our holistic marketing strategy, and will lead (and continue building out) a top-notch team to achieve and exceed ambitious growth goals. In this role, you will be a partner to the GM of Keeps, a leader on the Keeps team, and a valued thought partner across the Thirty Madison organization. You will be the champion of all of the efforts that position Keeps as the preeminent resource for men experiencing hair loss, and you’ll define, own, and operate our marketing strategy, including growth and acquisition, retention, brand positioning, and creative. You must be able to balance short-term and long-term priorities, executing successfully to ensure revenue targets are exceeded, while also mapping out the strategy to drive profitable growth over the long haul. If you have leadership experience driving massive revenue growth through marketing channels in a startup environment, we are particularly excited to speak with you.
To succeed in this role, you will have to be naturally analytically minded, excited to embrace and elevate our data-driven approach to acquisition and retention. But you will also need to understand the role of brand and awareness in driving long-term growth, and be able to articulate and drive a strategy that does just that. You should be excited about learning as much as possible about our customer, and garnering those true insights that will elevate our brand and our growth and retention strategies. You must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment (like, really fast), able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams and agencies, and context-switch with ease. One hour, you could be supporting your Growth Team in optimizing paid social campaigns or in refining our multi-touch attribution strategy; the next leading a partnership discussion with a top-tier retail partner; the next leading a scrappy focus group to drive brand messaging optimization.
You excel as a people manager and love the challenges that come with building and coaching talent. You are analytical, agile, resourceful, and results-motivated. At Thirty Madison, we look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to help build a generation-defining healthcare brand that men can, for the first time, truly love.
This role reports to the GM of Keeps.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- An exceptional and rigorous marketing leader, with experience driving revenue growth through the full D2C marketing funnel (acquisition, conversion, and engagement) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels)
- A strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data and insights into strong, cohesive marketing strategies
- Able to pull the right levers to drive revenue growth and deliver on business KPIs now, while also capable of building out a strategy that will propel long-term, profitable growth
- Passionate about brand, consumer insights, and the role of awareness in growth and retention strategies.
- Customer-obsessed — you understand our customer and how to speak to him at every point of the marketing funnel
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are agile and nimble in both leadership and execution
- Comfortable taking big swings, with a willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big)
- A highly collaborative team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- An expert at juggling multiple initiatives and prioritizing work effectively
Some things you will work on:
- Lead the marketing vision, strategy, and execution for Keeps, encompassing growth, retention, brand and creative
- Support the creation of the optimal customer journey from discovery to conversion, through post-purchase and required annual conversion events; partner closely with Growth, CRM, and Product on optimization efforts
- Articulate the vision for the Keeps brand--how do we continue to elevate and grow this brand over time, and how does the vision translate in specific channels, initiatives, and campaigns?
- Establish and deliver on KPIs and objectives for Keeps revenue and performance targets by constructing a robust breadth of paid and organic channels; own achievement of weekly, monthly, and quarterly marketing KPIs
- Build, coach, and manage a team of marketers who report directly into you and act as a coach to other marketers across the organization
- Grow and improve performance across paid media channels through ongoing optimization efforts, including overseeing daily execution and regularly developing and implementing new creative ideas
- Drive retention marketing strategy, including testing new ways to keep Keeps customers engaged and active over the course of their journey
- Develop our low- and no-cost acquisition efforts, including SEO, organic social, referral, partnerships, and PR
- Lead all marketing campaigns from concept to execution, including holiday sales and integrated tentpole campaigns
- Drive innovation across the team by identifying and testing new areas of opportunity for growth — and then partner with leaders of other businesses to share learnings across the organization
- Own the marketing budget and allocation strategy, including tracking and performance reporting
- Consistently evaluate and optimize our current strategies as we scale our business
You should have:
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including 3+ years of owning a dedicated marketing channel
- 5+ years of managing a team of marketers
- Experience working in D2C / ecomm (bonus points if it’s with a high-growth subscription business)
- Experience in efficiently and effectively deploying a multi-million dollar marketing budget
- An understanding of and passion for strategic CRM, including cohort analysis, customer segmentation, optimizing consumer journeys, email marketing, and ideally new customer communications channels
- Experience with web analytics tools and a firm grasp of audience development best practices and audience analytics tools (Segment, Google Analytics, etc.)
- A strong track record of effective cross-team collaboration with creative, brand marketing, and product teams
- Strong communication skills, creative acumen, and media fluency
- A data-driven mentality and a bias to action
- Eagerness to join a startup — one with incredible potential and meaningful traction — and scale it to the next level
About Thirty Madison
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison, a fast-growing company with the simple belief that everyone deserves access to specialized healthcare treatment. With a recent Series B raise of $47 million and established healthcare investors like Polaris, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, and Maveron, Thirty Madison is well positioned to continue expanding on their mission. By launching customer-centric brands built around each specific chronic medical condition, we’re able to bring the specialist experience directly into people’s homes with online doctor consultations, treatment delivery, and ongoing support through resources like our symptom trackers.
After launching Keeps, Cove, and Evens in two short years, we're hard at work preparing our next brand to launch. Every time we launch a new brand, we get smarter and better at delivering high-quality healthcare to our customers. We’re constantly learning from our existing brands to strengthen our new brands, rapidly pushing ourselves to improve the customer experience and raise the standard of care our customers receive.
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to mandatory work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
We have rolled out a bunch of initiatives to ensure we are helping our team successfully navigate these unchartered waters. This has included money for the home office, medical reimbursements, free Calm meditation/mindfulness app membership, Me Days and Summer Fridays where the whole team is off at once (so no one falls behind), and weekly wrap meetings to “end the week.”
Are we done? No, and that is why we created a Future of the Office Committee to continue to push us to create the right benefits, tools, programs and processes to best support our employees as we continue 100% work from home and for when we eventually start to transition back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.