About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is rebuilding the healthcare experience for the modern consumer. Keeps is our first brand, a full-service solution for hair loss. We next launched Cove, a direct-to-consumer offering helping migraine sufferers get the personalized, affordable care they need. Now we’ve launched our third brand, Evens, which treats acid reflux. By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, right-sized plans that fit their needs (and their wallets), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. Keeps launched in January 2018 and is already a recognized leader in the hair loss space. Cove launched in December 2018 and is growing rapidly, and Evens launched in September 2019.
As our business has grown dramatically, so has our team, expanding from 10 to 50 employees in less than 12 months. We have exciting plans to change the future of healthcare, and we’ll need to continue to attract, cultivate, and retain incredible people across our two offices in order to execute on those plans. To help do that, we’re looking for a strategic, analytical, and empathetic Head of People to drive the scaling of our organizational structure and develop and refine a best-in-class people strategy.
Our people are our greatest asset, and we have a complex employee structure that will need to evolve as we grow. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Thirty Madison has the people operations in place to support and develop our employees as we scale, all while continuing to promote a fun and rewarding workplace culture. You will work with leadership to set KPIs, build strategy and processes for performance management, manager development, and recruiting, and promote a work environment that advances our mission and exemplifies our values.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that will take initiative and is experienced at building HR processes in innovative organizations with complex structures. We value experimentation and iteration and are seeking a leader who can work quickly, test hypotheses, and drive processes forward. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, empathetic, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to help define and scale a culture at a company that is transforming the healthcare industry.
This role reports to our President.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- A dynamic, hands-on leader with proven analytical abilities, strategic insight, sound judgment, and in-depth experience in all things people operations and HR
- An expert in designing and optimizing organizational structures in high-growth companies
- A tireless advocate for developing a productive and collaborative company culture
- Experienced in building scalable people operations processes from scratch, ranging from performance management to learning and development to compensation and benefits strategy
- A force to be reckoned with, using resourcefulness and determination to complete projects and implement processes from start to finish
- Highly analytical, with the ability to utilize data to identify employee NPS and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, and engagement
- A coach to managers on team building, performance management, and handling difficult people situations
- Always looking for ways to have an impact on every single employee, regardless of tenure, and continuously searching for new ways to grow our teams, both professionally and personally
- Passionate about people and culture. As an ambassador for our company and culture, you are outgoing, engaging, and love to foster positive employee experiences
- A creative and strategic thinker, with a want and willingness to push the envelope, bringing fresh, innovative people operations efforts to life (we like to go big)
- A believer that a diversity of background and experience brings out the very best in a team
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and executing against ambitious goals
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
Some things you will work on:
- Set our people operations strategy and build out processes encompassing the full employee lifecycle
- Serve as a thought partner to other company leaders in developing and implementing an organizational structure that supports our rapidly growing businesses
- Establish scalable solutions that empower leaders across the company to be better managers and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for increased scope
- Actively oversee recruiting and drive strategy on our overall interview processes and candidate experience. Partner with leadership to attract, retain, and grow the best talent. Ensure that we hire smart and, if necessary, fire fast
- Develop performance management, compensation, and learning and development programming
- Build rapport with all employees and be an active listener and empathetic problem solver for people across the company
- Maintain and iterate on our benefits package to ensure it remains competitive and reflects our company culture
- Build a world class onboarding program that gives new employees a great initial experience and helps them quickly ramp into their new role
- Work with our leadership team to define, build, and evolve Thirty Madison’s company culture and employer brand
You should have:
- 10+ years experience in a people operations / HR role, with proven experience building and scaling people operations at high-growth companies, preferably ones with multiple business units or locations
- Deep empathy and the ability to quickly connect and build trust with people from different backgrounds across an organization
- A strong belief in developing talent and a meritocratic culture
- Expert understanding of US employment law and regulations (especially in New York and Texas), compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and manager training. SHRM-SCP/SPHR certification preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, with the ability to know how to adapt for a diverse set of individuals and defuse conflict, as well as demonstrate discretion when necessary
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Eagerness to join an early-stage startup and build it from the ground up
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great healthcare (obviously)
- Regular team building activities
- Budget for the technology tools you need
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.