Thirty Madison is rebuilding the healthcare experience for the modern consumer. Keeps is our first brand, a full-service solution for hair loss. We next launched Cove, a direct-to-consumer offering helping migraine sufferers get the personalized, affordable care they need. Now we’re working on our third brand (coming soon!). By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, right-sized plans that fit their needs (and their wallets), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. Keeps launched in January 2018 and is already a recognized leader in the hair loss space. Cove launched in December 2018 and is growing rapidly, and the next brand is under development. We’re looking for a product designer who puts users first to create thoughtful experiences for Cove. This role is a contract role with the potential for full-time hire, and is essential for the support of growth, product, and engineering teams.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating experiences for Cove and delivering beautifully designed digital products with best-in-class performance. You’ll keep humans first as you develop and iterate on the best ways for users to interact with Cove. You’ll collaborate with internal design, product, business, and engineering teams to grow each brand’s experience to its full potential.
The ideal candidate is energetic, strategic, detail-oriented, and relentless about raising the bar. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our message is never, ever sacrificed.
This role reports to our Head of Design and works closely with Cove’s Product Manager with a 3 month contract and the possibility of full time hire.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- Data-driven. You value metrics and performance as well as design trends. You want to make things that aren’t just beautiful, but deliver results.
- Able to leverage design to meet business goals, balancing beautiful design, great user experiences, and high conversion. You are comfortable receiving feedback from the rest of the product team and our users.
- Able to think across (and execute within) multiple holistic design systems
- Comfortable juggling multiple design initiatives and prioritizing work effectively
- A strategic thinker with a want and willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big)
- A self starter with a strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to drive meaningful results
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Obsessed with great customer relationships, and adding to those through design.
Some things you will work on:
- Elevate users’ experience with Cove through expanding and refining our digital experiences.
- Work to understand user behavior through user testing and research, and analyze the findings from these explorations to implement changes across Cove digital product.
- Take insights from metrics and user feedback and adjust digital products accordingly.
- Partner closely with members of Design, Product, Engineering, and Business to create innovative but practical solutions to design and business challenges.
- Give and solicit feedback from other Designers, Product Managers and Engineers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality.
- Experiment through prototyping, testing, and iteration to build the best possible Cove experience.
You should have:
- 3+ years of relevant product design experience, particularly in e-commerce and/or subscription services
- Proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in prototyping (inVision, Marvel, etc)
- Strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- A portfolio that showcases relevant product design work
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Eagerness to join an early-stage startup and build it from the ground up
- An interest in human-first design
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.