About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is rebuilding the healthcare experience for the modern consumer. Keeps is our first brand, a full-service solution for hair loss. We next launched Cove, a direct-to-consumer offering helping migraine sufferers get the personalized, affordable care they need. Now we’re working on our third brand (coming soon!). By connecting customers to medical expertise, personalized treatments, right-sized plans that fit their needs (and their wallets), and ongoing care, Thirty Madison is helping consumers access higher-quality, more affordable care and achieve better health outcomes.
With funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors — including Maveron, Northzone, First Round, Imaginary, Greycroft, and Two River — and recognized leaders in the product, design, and entrepreneurship world, we’re building healthcare brands that people can truly love and trust.
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. Keeps launched in January 2018 and is already a recognized leader in the hair loss space. Cove launched in December 2018 and is growing rapidly, and the next brand is under development.
We’re looking for a PR manager — our first in-house hire for this role — to craft and execute our communications strategy across our two in-market brands, future consumer brands, and our Thirty Madison master brand. You are an expert communicator, a creative collaborator, and are deeply motivated by accountability to deliver clear — and big — results. You are both an architect and a builder: you can craft award-winning strategies and also roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You will both have and build strong relationships and deploy smart strategies that will help grow consumer awareness, trust, credibility, and loyalty.
We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our message is never, ever sacrificed.
This role reports to our Brand Lead.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- Motivated by real, meaningful business results — with the ability to measure success, report on what’s working (and what’s not), and drive iteration and improvements
- A comms pro with corporate and consumer chops
- An alum of a complex industry with a proven ability to distill the nuances and intricacies into a tight, creative pitch
- A strategic thinker with a want and willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big)
- A natural relationship builder with a strong network cultivated from nurturing productive, authentic, and trustworthy relationships with the right people
- Cool under pressure, possessing the ability to act as a company spokesperson, with on-the-record experience in both print and broadcast media interviews
- A skilled writer and editor, comfortable with developing content for a variety of purposes
- A self-starter who can recommend and initiate projects with minimal direction
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- Energetic, strategic, detail-oriented, and relentless about raising the bar
Some things you will work on:
- Develop, refine, and own the Thirty Madison story as a human-first, customer-obsessed organization, with a focus on trust, credibility, and innovation
- Generate consumer, tech, business, and trade PR results that meaningfully build the reputation of our company, our brands, and our team
- Build and execute the GTM strategy for new brands, while managing the comms calendar and PR drumbeat for existing brands
- Monitor media and document trends, proof points, stats, and other KPIs in order to proactively identify new story angles and relevant pitches to strengthen Thirty Madison’s messaging and strategy
- Create a roadmap and framework for crisis communications
- Manage and guide our external agency relationships to ensure alignment and execution against multiple, and often competing, goals
- Develop compelling written content by contributing to Q&As, statements, talking points, briefings, award nominations, or media pitches
- Strategize on how to raise and grow brand awareness through attention-grabbing campaigns and headlines — the obvious and the not-so-obvious, the traditional and the not-so-traditional — and follow through with pitches that land great media
- Partner with the business. A key part of your success will rely on having a deep understanding of how Thirty Madison and our consumer brands work — both from a product and organizational perspective. This will require you to cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including the executive team, Marketing, CX, and Product
You should have:
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience, with a preference for both agency and in-house experience on a public relations / communications team
- Experience working in a complex and highly-regulated environment
- An existing network of journalist contacts from top general consumer, business, and trade outlets — and energy and enthusiasm for building even more meaningful relationships
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and a passion for storytelling
- Proven success in navigating and mitigating crises, with the ability to maintain positivity and poise in even the most stressful situations
- A diplomatic style, high emotional IQ, higher customer empathy, and proven ability to lead by influence
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Eagerness to join an early-stage startup and build it from the ground up
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great healthcare (obviously)
- Regular team building activities
- Budget for the technology tools you need
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.