This role will be located in ThirdLove's San Francisco office once reopened. We accepts applications from those located in California or open to relocate.
ThirdLove is seeking a talented Senior Designer with a background in Sports and Swimwear. We're looking for an athletic wear design visionary that dreams big but has one foot planted firmly on the ground. You'll have experience in all aspects of design from development to production and will conceptualize and launch new seasonal collections. You'll ensure that every collection meets the brand aesthetic and supports ThirdLove’s growth of becoming the next big lifestyle brand. We are a fast growing start up so if you have big ideas, thrive on collaboration, and are nimble there are opportunities to grow your career here.
- Conduct in depth product analysis into the market and consumer mindsets on a quarterly basis identifying white space opportunities across athletic wear and swim category and present to internal leaders
- Initiate and establish seasonal/off season presentation format at each design T&A milestone
- Research and establish seasonal color palette partnering across product categories
- Partner across product categories to coordinate match back pieces
- Create on-brand designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy (seasonal and off calendar)
- Present designs to internal leader/team as well as key cross-functional partners
- Own all cads, design sheets, storyboards, technical flats, design sheets, boms, submits, approvals, and accurate tracking
- Create and edit bill of materials (according to the T&A)
- Run product fittings from concept to size set approvals
- Approve PP and TOP’s (for color, construction and trims)
- Hire, manage, inspire and develop junior design talent
- Travel to Asia to work with our production partner
- 7-10 years experience in either Sports, Athletic wear or Swimwear design and development
- Knowledge of European and domestic competitive brands and market
- Experience working with Asia
- Must have a deep understanding of construction and fabrications across either Sports/Athletic wear and/or Swimwear
- Proven manager, having had at least 1-2 direct report
- Expert level skill set in Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical expertise within these categories preferred
- A passion for startups and the desire to learn more about ecommerce
- Able to organize and prioritize workload with direct report to meet deadlines
ThirdLove® is on a mission to help all women feel comfortable and confident in their everyday lives. We are the brand that disrupted the lingerie industry by empowering women to find their perfect fit online with our innovative Fit Finder® quiz. Inclusivity is at the core of who we are and how we serve our customers and build our team.
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and data-driven. If you want to impact millions of people each and every day and propel your career forward, we’d love to hear from you.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.