About Third Harmonic Bio
Third Harmonic Bio is a biopharmaceutical company with a singular purpose: To create a breakthrough treatment for people living with severe allergy and inflammation – debilitating conditions that can take a significant toll on overall health and well-being.
We are developing a highly selective oral wild-type KIT inhibitor for millions of people living with chronic urticaria, severe asthma, and other mast cell-mediated diseases. Despite the availability of multiple approved medicines, there is an urgent need for new treatment options. We are grounded in our purpose of developing medicines to meaningfully improve the lives of the patients we serve.
We are seeking smart, fun, and talented individuals seeking a fast-paced environment where they can meaningfully contribute to building a successful company.
Our values provide the foundation for our culture and our operating principles – and underly how we hold ourselves accountable and how we interact with each other, with our partners, and with the global medical and patient community.
Relationships are important. Bring your full self to work and create space for others to do the same. Balance candor with empathy.
Own the Big Picture
Context is critical. Ground every decision and action in the entirety of what we are trying to achieve.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Work with urgency, purpose, and passion.
We are seeking a talented medicinal chemist to join the research team to help advance and expand our pre-clinical pipeline. You will leverage your experience in synthetic, medicinal, and computational chemistry to help deliver drug candidates, working in an interdisciplinary environment. This is an excellent opportunity to continue to hone your drug hunting skills and learn from a talented team of cross-functional scientists.
- Support drug discovery efforts on internal programs anywhere from Hit Identification through to Development Candidate nomination
- Be an integral member of the chemistry team and participate in multi-disciplinary teams to identify novel medicines
- Develop SAR and apply to the design of high impact small molecules
- Communicate and collaborate effectively to ensure scientific rationale is clearly understood and progress towards shared goals is made
- Work closely with and manage teams at external CROs, helping to plan and troubleshoot multi-step chemical syntheses
- Help maintain internal databases to ensure all data is available and fully extractable to support lead optimization
- Support preparation of documents to enable patent applications
- Build strong cross-functional relationships working in a hybrid office environment approximately 3 days/week at the Cambridge, MA office
- Academic training in organic or medicinal chemistry (PhD preferred) with strong record of high-quality patents and publications
- PhD with 2+ years of industry experience or Master’s degree with 5+ years of industry experience working as a medicinal chemist in a drug discovery environment
- Skilled, enthusiastic and creative in applying structure- and ligand-based drug design
- Active and willing to seek out, incorporate and apply new, technology-driven approaches to transform and enhance the drug discovery process
- Familiar with a variety of biochemical, biophysical, cellular and ADME assays, ability to interpret data effectively and apply towards the design of compounds with optimized parameters
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively across multifunctional project teams and to manage work at contract research organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- <5% travel required for this role
The approximate base salary range for this role is $123,500 - $136,500.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.