Title: Intern Machine Learning - Think Tank Team
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Think Tank Team
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Think Tank Team is an interdisciplinary collective of researchers, designers, scientists, and engineers located in Mountain View, CA, and representing a diverse skill set including electrical engineering, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics, and more. We work and play as we create Samsung’s future products, encompassing a unique mix of research with a diverse and dynamic approach to early product development. As a team, we have a strong track record of driving concepts to production, we work on a wide variety of time scales, advancing science to working technology, developing new or improved product designs, and creating new experiences.
We believe that design and creativity are the core duties of every member of our team. We are creating products that will impact the lives of how millions do what they do, but better. If you want to create and build new devices and technologies, can learn on the fly, delve deep into solving complex problems as you work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales, then we invite you to apply.
See some of our work at http://thinktankteam.info/
We are looking for a problem solver with a positive mentality to get things done. A strong background and interest in machine learning and computer vision who is not afraid to dig beyond the libraries and learn the math behind if needed. Interest in working across different computing platforms (embedded, smartphones, desktops, cloud, etc.) and passionate about a wide range of areas: cameras, health, FoodTech, robots, etc.
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience with novel publication record in a variety of areas
- Understanding current state-of-the-art literature in vision/learning while bringing your experience and intuition to develop next-generation products and experiences
- Strong C++ and/or Python skills
- Ability to rapidly prototype using leading ML/DL/CV frameworks and libraries such as OpenCV, TensorFlow, Torch, Scikit-Learn, Scipy, and others
- Experience in building novel custom features and pre-processing approaches to improve baseline algorithms
- Experience in real-world scenarios, beyond using standard libraries and class projects
- Participate in groundbreaking research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
- Leverage expertise from ML research and develop novel predictive models/algorithms on new datasets
- Develop solutions and algorithms that can be applied in real-world applications and devices
- Work closely with researchers and engineers from subject areas to develop new algorithms, product concepts, and core-technologies that will bring new business opportunities to Samsung
If this is something you would love to do, let us know.
Show us what you have built, and tell us what you would like to build next!
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.